Sleepover 3.0

"Who smells like that?" Connie blurted out of the blue.

"Go to sleep." I hushed him and turned over on my futon.

"What does it smell like?" Eren asked, unable to sleep because of his afternoon nap. 

"Lavender and....vanilla?"

Oh shit it's me!

"Oh...um...sorry about that I just washed my hair..." I whispered.

"It's fine. We all don't mind." Mikasa says.

"At least it's not a heavy barn animal stench." Eren sneered.

"I don't recall barn animals smelling like alluring cologne." Jean snapped back quietly.

"On a serious note Jean, one spritz is enough. It's too strong." I snickered along with Connie and Sasha.

"Who's side are you on?" He scoffs, sounding offended.

"No one's. Sleep well everyone." I chuckled, snuggling into one of the pillows and light blankets.

"Good night." Eren and Mikasa chanted before drifting back to sleep.

"You too." Connie and Sasha replied from the couch.

Marco and Armin were already sound in their sleep. I rolled onto my back to stare at the ceiling and reminisce on the good old days so I could fall asleep.

*mini timeskip*

Goddammit. I'm tired but I can't fucking sleep.

"Oi, Y/n. You awake?" Someone whispers.

"Yeah. Who is this?" I whispered back.

"It's Jean." He replied.

"Oh. You can't sleep either?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Ok then." I sighed.

"You wanna talk?"

"Sure. It might pass some time."

"Not here though. We might wake the others."

"Uh...sure...where do you want to talk?"

"The kitchen is fine."

"Great."

I pulled the blanket off my body and carefully got up and out of the living room where everyone else slept.

I waited for Jean in the hallway and it was funny seeing him, trying not to trip on anyone's sleeping body in the dark.

As soon as he leaves the living room, I pulled the curtains on each side to a close at the entrance of living space.

I then nodded at the kitchen so Jean could follow me there. It was a short walk, so after I entered, I rolled the light switch to a dim setting so both of our eyes can adjust to the surroundings.

"What's with the lights?" He asked.

"I don't play in the dark." I grabbed a stool to sit on at the bar table, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Uhm...remember when you wanted me to see your test results before you did?" He runs his neck nervously and sat across from me.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"A-and...I said-"

"Wait. You're serious?" I cut in.

He nods, slightly biting his bottom lip.

I rubbed my temples and sighed, "do you have your phone with you?"

"Yeah?"

"Mind if I see your grades?" I asked.

"Hehehe, sure. I have to warn you though, it's not for the faint of heart." He smirked as he pulled up his grades in his phone.

"Judging by your attention span, I'll just faint anyway." I looked at him unimpressed.

"Alright, here." He handed me his phone.

All I saw in his screen were D's, F's and I's in his grade logs.

Good lordy.....

I looked at his grades for a solid 20 seconds, then stared back at Jean who was still smirking at me.

"...I.....you-...." I didn't even have words, letters, or numbers to say to him.

"I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to." He lightly shrugged.

"...Jean...I'm gonna cry..." I joked. But I also felt like crying.

"Aw...am I that stupid?" He joked back.

"No...it's just..." I put his phone down on the marble surface and rested my elbows on there while covering my face with my hands.

I peeked at him through my parted fingers, "has anyone else tutored you? Or tried?"

"Nope. And if they did, they'd probably just give up afterwards." He says, resting his cheek on his palm.

I lowered my hands, "You say that so...calmly..."

"It is what it is." He shrugs again.

"Jean...this is not ok." I knit my brows.

"I know..."

"You don't know if other people are gonna give up on you unless you let them try." I couldn't joke around with it anymore.

"Would you give up on me?" He asked.

"Based on how much you trust me, why would you even ask such a question? Once I set my heart on a goal, I'm the most stubborn person alive. You can ask Marco." I then asked him, "please answer me honestly; are you ok?"

"...I don't know." He replied.

"You will know soon. Because I'm gonna tutor you." I grasped his shoulders and looked him in the eyes.

His eyes widened at my acceptance, then just stare at me with longing affection.

"Thank you." He smiled warmly.

"No problem." I grinned.

Then connie just walked into the kitchen without registering me, holding Jeans shoulders. I didn't even notice how close our faces were until I glanced back at him.

We just looked at each awkwardly before looking back at Connie, who was now drinking a glass of water.

"If we don't move, he won't see us." I whispered.

"He not a T-rex, you know." He quietly replied.

"But it works."

After rinsing the glass in the sink and putting it in the dish rack, Connie shortly nodded at us and we nodded at him before he made his way back out of the kitchen.

Whew