Movie Night In

"I honestly didn't think you were rich, because you're just so...nice. I'm sorry if it sounds weird, I still can't wrap my head around it."

"No worries Connie." I gently pat his shoulder. "I'm glad you guys made it back safely. It's a pleasure"

"Hey. Jean." Eren called out to the living room. "You feeling any better?"

"Hm? Oh he's fine now." I pointed to the couches with my thumb, "just napping."

"Is it weird for me to say...oh nevermind." Sasha comments at first.

"Go on~" Marco's toothy grin returns.

"Uh...you guys feel more like family than just friends...or is it just me?" She hides her face in the half empty back of chips.

"Nope. I was hoping it wasn't just me." My eyes gleam at her.

"Marco this is all on you." Eren shrugs his bag off with a smirk.

"Wha-"

"You have this fuzzy effect on people.  It's a blessing." I giggled.

".....okay true."

A brief laugh escapes my small smile as I saunter back to the couch where Jean lays peacefully.

Connie sat next to me on the floor by the couches with a pop tart in his mouth. "You're still mad at him?"

"Mm-mn." I shook my head whilst I perched my folded arms near him.

"It's impossible to stay mad since his heart was in the right place." My fingers gently tangle themselves in his slightly oily short locks.

He needs to wash his hair more often...

I didn't mind though, since it was mostly soft anyways.

"Ngh..."

"Good afternoon sleepy head~" I beamed faintly.

"Mm...hey beautiful~" his tired, lidded eyes meet mine with a tired smile.

"Don't eat eachother out on the family couch~"

"Eren!" Armin punched his friend's arm lightly.

"What?" He cackled.

"Sorry about him." Mikasa sighs.

"Eugh....it's okay..." I cringed in embarrassment.

I wasn't THAT close to his face...was I?

"You guys seem really close by the way. Did you..." Sasha trails off with a curt smile, her homework in one hand and another bag of chips in her free hand.

"Why are you all so invested?" I backed away from Jean's half awake form.

Armin and Sasha just shrugged and grinned at us both.

Marco chuckles lightly and shook hi head. "Anywho, you guys wanna get started on this project?"

"Oh yeah! What subject did you guys pick again?" Connie rummages through his book bag.

"I actually listed 3." I pulled out my phone and went into my memo. "The cambrian explosion, the primordial soup, and human genetic parallels."

"Why not all 3?"

"Slow down Armin. Not all of us are sharp minded." Eren grunts.

"You could still learn a thing or two from this. That's the fun in research." I shrugged. "Excuse me for sounding so boring."

"No, your right. Besides this is a group project." Jean sits up from behind me and placed both legs at either side of my shoulders.

Meanwhile, I exhaled and pinched the bridge of my nose.