Vigilance

(n.) The action or state of keeping careful watch for possible danger or  difficulties

TW// in this chapter has the mentions of drugs and alcohol. Also vomiting is briefly mentioned, the word r4pe is used and she doesn't get r worded dw— readers discretion is advised!!

—————————
Chapter 5:

Calum's pov:
Its been a few days. Ashton and Harley are completely ignoring the rest of us. Calls, texts, you name it. I'm annoyed by the fact they wont even talk to me, I did nothing wrong, just followed Lukes orders. Its time I go see them in person.

Every year, right after the carnival closes— a party is always took place to welcome the summer in. There just so happens to be one tonight. Which is a perfect excuse to see them in person.

I walk into the Cliffords house. "Hey sweetie want something to eat? how about toast?" Karen offered. "yea sure, thank you" I grab the toast, a cup of water and head upstairs. "Ight get your ass up" I say I dump the cup all over Michael. His fight or flight mode kicked in "DUDE WHAT THE FUCK" pushes me on the ground. "hahaha wake your ass up, Jerry is having a party tonight and we're all going" "Ah shit that's dope— but why is it worth pouring water all over me? also its byob (bring your own bud) or byob (bring your own beer) isn't it?" "nah he's providing that shit this year, but 1 bud free the rest gotta pay for that shit, but bring your own bong" I walk out and head to Harley's—

"Hey Harley its time to wake up" I say shaking her. The beast has awakened "dude what the fuck do you want its 1 pm let me sleep more" she groans. I start to jerk the covers off and she stops me "please don't" to bad. I pull the covers off completely to reveal a bloody mess.. poor girl got her period and it's everywhere. "dude I told you not to fucking do that" she frowns in embarrassment. "let me help you get cleaned up, stay here" I head into the bathroom and start a hot bath with bubbles and added lavender essential oil to the diffuser to help her be relaxed. I grab her hand and take her to the bathroom "wait cal what is all of this?" looking at me in shock "well when my sister gets her period she does this to be relaxed and less moody, so I thought i'd help you out to be comfortable" I turn and leave. She grabs my arm "wait cal— can you stay in here and talk to me? obviously after I'm already in the bath?" I nod and turn around. "So what do you want to talk about" I say to the wall. "You can turn around now. Well I have a question for you please be honest, why is Michael so afraid of our group splitting up— its not gonna happen so why cant he just let me and Ash be?" "Well we're all so close to the point where we're like siblings that it kinda interrupts the balance of the group, he just doesn't want anything to mess it up. Like if you and Ash started dating and then had a big fight and broke up its be a "whose side are y'all on" kind of mess. We need the natural balance of Yin and Yang".

Harley's pov:
"....We need the natural balance of Yin and Yang". What he said makes since but just annoying at the same time. "Oh and there's a party tonight, and YOUR going" does this kid not understand I'm not in the mood to go to a party "Cal pal, my main dookie stain get this I'm on my period so no parties for me" he giggles "dookie stain? what are you, my favorite skid mark?" we both start to laugh, honestly harder than we should have. "I'm just scared of what if...." I pause. "you get roofied and r@ped. Already thought of that I'll watch over you the whole night to be your bodyguard, yea?" that gives me more of a relief. "what if you go the bathroom and I don't notice you and or you're just gone.. then what?" I say in fear. He grabs my hands "Look me straight the the eyes.. me and the boys are gonna make sure you're safe and don't have to much to drink. We got you." the reassurance meant a lot. "now with that being said lets go shopping to get you something to wear and to also make you feel better— my treat" he exits the room. Calum means a lot to me and the fact he's doing all of this for me makes me so happy. But why is he being so nice? is it because of the carnival incident?
——————
text messages between Ashton and Harley: