Unnoticed

Danny's POV

Ever since that night at the winter formal. I can't help myself but think about Scott. I know that he likes or maybe even loves Allison but I can't seem to get him out of my head.

"Yo Danny!" Stiles called breaking my reverie. I see him trying to catch up with me as coach is preparing us for the upcoming game.

"What Stiles?" I asked suspiciously seeing as he usually only approaches me when he needs something.

"You coming to the party later?" He asked.

"Of course, why are you even asking?"

"Nothing. I'm just making sure." He grinned and went away.

"Strange person, he is." I muttered.

~~~~~~

The party is getting wild. A lot of people are already drunk, stumbling as they walk. The pungent smell of puke is suffocating me.

As I went out of the house to breathe, I saw Allison and Scott arguing real bad. I can feel the tension surrounding them.

"I can't do this anymore Scott. I'm done." I can hear Allison shouting.

"Fine! I don't even care anymore." Scott retorted back quite loud.

Scott stormed towards the house and passed by me.

"I'm sorry man." I said trying to comfort him.

"It's fine." He only said.

Our breaths are the only thing that can be heard in the silence we shared (and of course the blaring music of the party).

"I guess you heard everything?" He said softly.

"Only the part where she said that you were done. I didn't mean to." I said explaining myself.

He chuckled bitterly. "We've been like that, arguing, ever since after we got back. After the winter fomal. I guess things haven't been the same since then." He let it all out with me listening.

I just kept quiet not quite sure what to say.

"Thanks man, for listening." He spoke again.

"No problem." I said while going back to the party.

~~~~~~

I guess Scott feels comfortable with me since that night for he talks to me every now and then. Although his breakup is usually our topic.

Today is Saturday in which he decided to invite me together with his friends to hangout.

We did a lot of swimming, fooling around and eating. What? We're growing men.

By the time night came, almost everyone is exhausted and decided to watch some movie. Scott and I were responsible for preparing the snacks.

~~~~~~

When the movie finished, only a few of us were awake including Scott and I.

"Hey man.. I've been waiting to tell you about something." I told him quietly.

"Hmm... What is it?" He mumbled as if he is struggling to stay awake.

"Remember the winter fomal? You danced with me to escape coach Finstock. Well, I realized that I sort of like you but I don't want to ruin your relationship with Allison. I didn't say anything because of that and maybe because I don't want to be rejected as well." I finished and looked at him. He was asleep.

'Great! Opportunity wasted.' I thought angrily. I finally gathered my courage then he just fell asleep.

Feeling exhausted with today's activities, I fell asleep hoping in the future to be able to tell him..

------------A.N----

Awww... Poor Danny. I guess not all of us have happy endings..

Up next ALLISAAC...

Did you enjoy reading? Vote and Comment your thoughts about this story.

~Zoe_Nightshade05