Chapter 8

Kellin Pov.

At 9pm, Vic left because I didn't know when my parents were gonna be home.
My dad usually stayed at some bars and drank until he didn't know anything anymore and my mom worked a lot and hard. At 12am, they still weren't home. Well, I didn't really expect my dad to come home, but my mom should've been home by then. I was just gonna wait. I texted Vic a bit and watched Netflix on my laptop. When I had watched like 7 episodes of my favorite show, Criminal Minds, I got a Skype call from Vic. I answered. I was happy to see his face and hear his voice, even when it was only on Skype. By the time we hung up, because he had to sleep, it was 2:26am. I was starting to get really worried.

I waited and waited and it was like 4am when I fell asleep on the floor, with my phone in my hand.

When I woke up school had already started. No one was home. I was starting to panic. Where the hell was my mom? I looked at my phone and had like 62 messages from Vic. I sighed. I dialed my moms number. Mailbox. Shit. My dad's number. Mailbox. I called Vic.
"Kellin!", he answered the phone.
"Vic. My moms still not home and her phones off. I'm freaking ou-", I shouted into the phone.
"I'll be at your house in a minute Kells", Vic said and hung up.

I opened the door and let Vic in. I wanted to cry. He hugged me tight. He made me feel so much better but I was still worried. Suddenly, the doorbell rang again. "Who's there?", I asked?
"The police", a deep voice said, "please open the door." My heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. I opened. Two police officers were standing there.
"Are you Kellin Quinn?", one of them asked pointing at Vic.

"No...No, that's me.", I said.
"Oh.", the officer said, "can we come in?" I nodded and stepped aside to let them in. They took off their hats and looked at the ground. I was scared.
"We're here, Mister Quinn, to tell you that um... Well...", one of the police officers stuttered,
"God damn it, Richie, I can't do this!"

"We're here to tell you that your mother had a bad car accident on her way home.", the other policeman said, "She... She's dead, Mister." With these words I broke down onto the floor. I screamed and cried. This couldn't be true. Vic kneeled down next to me, also crying, and took my hands. I heard him talk to the policemen and then they left. I probably cried for three hours straight and screamed until my voice was gone because of all the screaming. I wouldn't accept this. No.