Chapter seven

DRACO'S POV

My plan to ruin y/n's life started to commence and it was my sweet luck that we had nearly every class together. The first lesson, potions, was an easy target, Professor Snape didn't care what I did during the lesson and always passed me, he pitied non-slytherin students so this meant I had an open playing ground. During our potion-making, I had snuck a bit of exploding fluid into one of y/n's ingredients, it was the last ingredient so I knew she wouldn't suspect anything and be really upset when her potion is completely ruined and was forced to start all over again. She carefully placed three drops into the cauldron and mixed it with a spoon then boom! It was literally hilarious, everyone laughed at her and god her face looked so embarrassed it was priceless. Snape came over to her and saw the mess looking disgusted as ever, then, sniffed the potion bottle which contained the exploding fluid, he smelt the fluid right away and gave her 3 days detention and told her to come back at lunch today and finish the potion properly (emphasis on the properly). She looked hilarious when she was cleaning up everything while everyone from the classroom left, I was the last one to leave and as I did she presented me with ice-cold eyes like daggers but I just shrugged my shoulders acting as if I didn't have a part in what just happened.

Two whole weeks brisked by rather quickly when you make fun of your classmate, five potion explosions, four overgrown plants, three failed spells, six awful transfiguration and at least ten detentions (mostly from Snape) I started to finally get bored.

It was Monday the next week and I didn't notice how drained y/n looked, she had bags under her eyes showing the lack of sleep she had been getting, her hair was always tossed into a messy bun and her face was sunken as if she was going to cry any minute as she rested her head onto a stack of books which seemed to be overdue homework. I studied her face and noticed a single tear fall down the side of her face, no one noticing other than me. She looked broken.

That was the moment I realised, what am I doing?

THE NEXT DAY

Y/n seemed to be even more drained today, I felt guilty that I was the one causing this, I had taken the decision to stop all the pranks that I had planned and let her live in peace. That single tear was what got me and I could tell she was so behind on school work as every time I saw her she was surrounded by a pile of books and it did not help matters that it was the year of owls. I just couldn't believe what I was doing to a person especially her, I'm ambitious, yes but this was too much even for me, I was shattering someone, someone who even though I hated to admit it, I cared for. 

There was also another thing about the fact, y/n always wore long sleeves, nearly everyone took off their jumpers at least once this year but she kept hers firmly on. I wanted to question this especially with the cuts I saw on her face over the past couple of days. I was worried for her. I decided to be her friend right then rather than her enemy because I think she needed one. I knew it wasn't going to be easy to gain her trust, after all, she knew the reason she was so behind was me but I needed to do everything in my will power to try.

THE NEXT DAY

It was early in the morning around 5:30 and I had a hunch that y/n would be awake doing schoolwork, she seemed to always work in the library right at the back, not that I noticed, I wasn't really sure what I was going to say to her but I guess an apology was a start.

I took a warm shower and dressed in my robes grabbing my books then headed to the Great Hall and grabbed two green apples, it was the only thing I ever saw her eat so she must like it and it was my favourite. Tossing them in my bag I jogged to the library and opened the door scanning the room, I saw a mess haired, tired and lonely person at the back. Y/n. I walked up to her and took a deep breath, you can do this I told myself.