2 - Believe me, please (part 2)

The days leading up to the trial were pretty nerve-wracking for Josie. She was always on edge, watching her back after every step.

She has been feeling like someone is following her everywhere she goes. She knows it's not Jed because she can always see him when he is around.
This is something else.

Three days to the trial and the feeling never leaves Josie's chest, so she decides to call Jed.
Unfortunately, Jed was called in by Sebastian to a mission. The brunette remembered then that she also had Hope's number so she decided to call her, hoping (no pun intended) that she will answer.

Luckily, she does answer.

"Hello?"

"Hope? I-It's Josie. I-...C-Can you..." she starts but can't ger herself to calm down enough to make a full sentence

"Josie, take a deep breath, calm down, nice and easy. Now tell me again, what's wrong?"

Josie did as she was told and tried again "Someone i-is following me. I mean I think someone is following me and Jed is not here Hope can you do something? What if it's one of Jace's friend or or even worse what of it's him and he is coming for me?"

"Where are you now?" the redhead asks, already texting someone to come and get Josie.

"Near the hospital, I was helping my aunt with something" she answers shakingly.

"Okay. Josie, love, I sent a lady named Camille to get you. stay where you are she will be there in a minute. She is blonde with green eyes, when she gets to you asks her for her name and even ID, just to be sure. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Yes I can. Thank you so much Hope I owe you"

"The one thing you owe me is your safety. Stay safe love I'll see you in a bit."

Josie looks around, waiting for Camille to come, but as she waits she can't help but think about what Hope said to her over the phone 'love'? she figured it's a way of speech but still...

Josie knew Hope from Lizzie's stories but she must admit that she never imagined her to be so beautiful and breathtaking.

Lost in thoughts, the brunette fails to notice the white Maserati Trofeo in front of her, until a blonde lady calls her name.

"Hi Josie, I'm Camille, Hope called me and asked me to come and get you. Are you okay?"

Josie almost answers her but then remembers another thing that Hope told her "Can I see your ID please?" she asks nervously. Camille smiles, knowing that Hope told Josie to ask that, and gives her the ID.

Josie visually calms down after that and gets into Camille's car.

The two start driving back to Hope's office with a bit of awkward silence.

"Josie are you okay? when Hope called me she sounded a bit...stressed. What happened?"

"I am now thanks to you, but uhm... Hope is helping me with a... a situation that involves my b-b-boyfriend and well I got scared that he is following me and Hope told me to call Jed if things like that happen but he wasn't answering so I called Hope and-" She rambles but stops when she sees Camille smiling.

"Why are you smiling?"

Camille chuckles "Hope was right, you are cute when you ramble."

"How do you know Hope? And she talks about me?"

"I'm Hope's aunt, well more like a family friend that became her aunt when she was born. I'm a good friend of her father and aunt Davina, But I also work with her at the Law firm. I'm a psychologist so whenever they need help with cases that have mental health issues or anything related to that I'm there. I guess that's why she called me on this one. I'll tell you what: How about we go to my office and just talk for a while?"