Drunken night

September 5, 1999.

"Ugh! I don't look good with anything!" I sighed with frustration as I glared at my reflection on the big mirror in front of me.

I had been trying on almost every piece in my closet, and yet I couldn't pick a good outfit for Freddie's birthday party.

"You know, Freddie. This would be the perfect time for you come here and help me" I said. "Freddie?! Ugh!" I threw to the bed the last dress I had tried on, and proceeded to go inspect my closet for the fifth time that morning.

"Mum?" Celine knocked on my door.

"Come in, sweetie"

"Mum, why are you taking so long to come downstairs for breakfast? Uncle Roger made waffles with fresh fruit" She said as she walked in.

"I'll be there in a minute, baby. It's just that I had been struggling to find a nice outfit for your father's birthday party" I shrugged my shoulders as I looked down.

Actually I had been a little insecure because my body seems to be changing a little. My hips got wider, my arms and thighs got ticker, and my chest area is starting to sag I think.

"Mum, you look absolutely beautiful with anything! If you weren't the most beautiful human in this house, then how do you explain dad fell for you as soon as he saw you, huh?"

"Thank you, baby" I blushed a little. "Who told you about your dad's first reaction when he met me?"

"Uncle Roger" She chuckled.

"Well, it's true" I smiled.

"Okay, so why you upset? Here, why don't you wear this one" She walked to the closet, and grabbed the dress I wore when Freddie proposed.

"That's the dress-"

"I know" She winked.

"But honey, I'm telling you. The 30's are hitting like they're supposed to, and... well I've gained some weight! I don't think I fit in this anymore" I sighed

"Stop it, Mrs. Mercury! I'm sure dad would love your body the way it is now. Try it on, and then come downstairs to have breakfast with me and uncle Rog" She placed the dress on my hands, and blew a kiss before she walked out of the bedroom.

"But... my face is different too" I mumbled. "Oh well"

I put on the dress slowly, and luckily it wasn't that bad. It did fit me, but...it was SUPER tight.

"Oh hell. I look like a mid 40s wife with 5 children" I rolled my eyes, and was about to take it off, when suddenly, I felt Freddie's presence. "Are you there?" I looked around,

"You look so hot I could practically eat you right now...nice bubble ass"

"Oh my" I giggled with embarrassment. "Well thank you for the compliment, but my face... my face is starting to age. Look" I pointed to my mirror. "My skin looks so pale and dried, my eyelids look droopy, and my freckles look more prominent due to sun exposure. In three or four years I'll be having wrinkles, and don't say the opposite because I know it's not true" I crossed my arms.

"Darling, our daughter just said it. You always look stunning, and you will always be. Even if you don't look like you did 10 years ago, you're still a truly beauty"

"Freddie... my love" I sighed as I shook my head smiling. "Why do I always get to believe you?"

Well I always believed in everything he said, why wouldn't I nowdays?

The night came down, and I was determined to wear that dress. Freddie loved it, and... so did Roger apparently.

"Wow..." Roger's jaw dropped when he saw me walking down the stairs.

"Wow. This place could be burning! Look at this hottie!" Veronica said as she looked at me from head to toes.

"You remember this dress?" I asked her in between laughs.

"Sure! We all do!" She exclaimed.

"Absolutely gorgeous indeed. Freddie would have loved to see you wearing that dress right now" Brian nodded.

You bet he did!

"Wow..." Roger was still amazed.

"Dad! You're going to drool or what?" Said Roger's teen daughter.

"I think we all are" Said Debbie laughing.

"Okay, now that we all admired Rose's beauty, why don't we turn down the music a bit, and make a toast?" John suggested as he held up his glass.

"Okay, who wants to say some words first?" Brian asked while he passed me some glass of champagne.

"I do" I said. "Well... tonight is a very special night. Like every year, like my dear husband would have wanted. We've all gathered one more time to celebrate his life. Today on what would have been Freddie's 53rd birthday, I want to thank you all for coming, for pretending our dear Freddie is still around, and for keeping his memory alive for all these years" For a moment I was out of words; it was very emotional to me. I never thought I could go on without him. Not even a year. "I'm sure this won't be the last time we raise our glasses, and cheer to that angel above" I said as I looked down, then I looked up, and raised my glass with a smile on my face.

"Cheers, to Freddie!" Exclaimed everyone.

I get emotional at each one of his birthday parties, but I guess this time it hit different because I realized time flies very quickly, and I can't stop aging. Deep down I hoped I could grow old along with him...

As the party went on, I started to feel a little dizzy. Oh my. I never drank that much in my life. Actually, I never drank any alcohol before. Maybe some wine with Freddie once in a while, but tonight I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, so when Roger asked me if I wanted some vodka, I said yes, and ended up having a couple of shots.

I couldn't stand still, so I excused myself from everyone, and walked to the bedroom slowly.

I walked in, took off my dress, and lay down on the bed very carefully. I closed my eyes, and soon I was staring to fall asleep.

I felt a pair of hands caressing my back.

"I'm okay... whoever it is. I just need to shut my eyes for a bit" I said quietly without opening my eyes.

"I know..." Freddie whispered in my ear.

"Hold me" I mumbled.

Freddie wrapped his arms around me, and held me tighter from behind.

"You'll be okay. You're just not used to drinking" He giggled. "Rosie..."

"Freddie..." I smiled, and opened my eyes as I turned around my face to meet his eyes; soon they got lost in mine.

"You look so beautiful tonight. I could hold you all night" He said as he grabbed my hand. "But first..." He made a long pause, and started dragging his lips all the way to my neck, and planted little kisses reaching my cleavage, and then all the way up to my lips. "I will make love to you tonight..."