Back home to be naked.

July 3, 1992.

It seemed to me like it was just yesterday when we moved to America. We loved it; we can't deny that, but we missed home a lot. Celine was unsure to move to another country, but now that she's settled down in Arizona, I'm not sure she wants to get back to London. She mentioned she loves playing with her friends at school, so I was afraid to tell her it was time to get back home. I knew it was crazy how I got her from one school, and then took her to another one in less than a year, but to me it felt like the right thing to do; what Freddie would have done no matter how crazy it was.

When Freddie and I decided to move to Arizona mainly for the weather, I don't think I was aware of how hot it can get. Maybe Freddie knew what he was talking about as he seemed to have traveled a lot during the early years of Queen. I could picture it in my head if he would have made it to this day: I'd get pissed at the warm weather as he'd wipe off the sweat on my forehead and say "It's going to be okay darling" it's not the we're running away from Arizona-even though we can't fully get used to it-but it's time to get back. Telling Celine about the good news was my concern, but she didn't take it the wrong way as I thought she would. She said she misses her old room, and as for me, I must say I miss the old room Freddie and I used to share, and I miss it like crazy. I haven't heard from him for a while now, and I don't know why. it's weird, but the fact that his soul isn't literally as present as it was before, gets me every time.

We packed our stuff as fast as we could, and it wasn't necessarily because we were on a rush, but because we were very excited to hop on that plane and get to our house where everyone was waiting for us. We arrived to the house earlier than we had planned, so it was empty.

"Where is everybody, mum?" Asked Celine as she noticed something felt different in our house.

"I believe we arrived too early sweetie" I said looking around the house.

Something felt strange indeed.

"The house is different" Said my smart little girl.

Just then I realized the furniture were set up differently.

"Maybe Vera and John made some changes with the furniture"

They're the only ones I could think of that could do that since they'd come to clean the house once in a while.

"I'm going to my room!" She exclaimed as she ran as fast as she could. My theory was: she needed to check that her room was like she left it last time.

I noticed the furniture were very dusty; meaning that the house hadn't been cleaned in weeks, so all furnitures were arranged a while ago. I assumed they did the same with the ones on my room as well. I walked quietly through the hall, and I noticed some paintings were hanging on different spots. I got to the room hesitantly; I was afraid I wouldn't like the new appearance of my room. To my surprise, there was no such change in the room whatsoever. Everything was like the last time I was there. I refused to believe this was Freddie's thing because it'd be too much for my head. But god; he never liked making any changes in this room.

Deep down I wanted to believe he did it. Who I am lying to?

"I've always liked it this way...?"

"Rose!"

"Huh?" I jumped scared as I turned around to the sound of someone calling my name.

"Rose! You're here already. Good to see you back!" Said John giving me a hug as I stayed still.

"I'm glad to see you too" I hugged him back.

"I'm sorry we didn't have the chance to clean up the house before your arrival. How did you move all that heavy furniture by yourself by the way?

It couldn't have been no one else. I shivered.

"I've been working out" I joked.

"Really? Maybe you could move mine one day" he laughed.

"Of course!"

"Come on. Everyone's downstairs eager to see you" He took my hand

"Wait! I have something to do here first. I'll be there in a minute"

"Okay then" He closed the door behind me.

I waited for him to make his appearance now that I knew what he was up to.

"I love it, love, but why until now?"

I was dumb to think he'd respond this time.

"It's okay. I told you I love it!" I smiled. "Well, I'll be downstairs"

I proceeded to exit the room as I saw something with the corner of my eye. I turned around quickly. I thought it must have been my imagination because I didn't see a thing.

"Welcome home my dear"

I heard it clearer than ever. I couldn't help but smile; It made me so happy. I closed my eyes trying to imagine him just in front of me.

"But you removed the curtains in the bathtub..."

"Sexy naked"

I laughed. Can't take a ghost seriously with this.

"That's enough. I'll see you in my night shower then" I blew a kiss with my eyes still closed.

I was more than happy to be back. The only thing I regret was... not being able to meet Freddie before. I guess it was not our fault. Such a beautiful soul could never be forgotten. Maybe it might seem like I'm not moving on to other people, but for me, this is how I want to spend the rest of my life. In this house with Freddie watching every move I make.