𝖒𝖗. 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊

~ | ~

"Damnit!"

Valerie threw her phone down on the bed. Benny's phone had gone to voicemail. Twice. And tonight was the night he was suppose to help her whip up her special love potion.

In all honesty, love potions didn't seem right. Making someone fall in love with you? Kind of messed up. Plus, how would it feel to know that someone only had interest in you because of some magic spell you put on them?

She sat on the edge of the bed, her head in her hands. It got exhausting chasing after someone who was busy chasing after someone else, not to mention fighting all types of crazy monsters and weird shit that happens around Whitechapel. Val had helped on a lot of their missions to save the day. They were all really close friends.

Grabbing her earbuds off the bedside table, she put them in and started to play her music. Specifically, 'Mr. Brightside' by The Killers. Time for her to be overdramatic and sulk for the night feeling bad about herself.

Her music was turned up so loud that she almost didn't notice the knock on her window. But the movement outside had caught her eye. She pulled out her earbuds and went over to lift the window up.

"Rory!"

The blonde vampire floated outside, grinning. "Hey Val."

"Come in," Valerie said, motioning with her hand. Rory didn't hesitate to float on inside and sit down on her window seat, getting comfy as usual. "How'd you know I'd be home? I told you I had plans tonight."

Rory looked ecstatic. "Yeah so like, about that, crazy story! That supernatural monster finding guy, his names Doug, you might've seen his show before, he showed up to Ethan's house today to film an episode of his show!" He took a breath before continuing. "I was like, totally stoked to be on his show but Benny and Ethan had to ruin the fun- they told me it wasn't safe for me to stay around Doug cause I'm a vampire. What a bummer, amiright?'

Valerie took a second to process all that Rory had just said. "First of all, you guys are totally dorks."

Rory huffed.

"Second, that's why Benny wasn't answering my phone calls. And third, did you guys really think this dude was gonna like, expose you for being a vampire?"

"Uh, yeah, he's the scare finder. Duh."

Valerie laughed. "Rory, that shit is so fake. But better to be safe than sorry I guess," she said, patting him on the shoulder. "You're safe here with me, my bloodsucker."

"Woah woah, your bloodsucker? Damn Val, save some for the rest of the ladies," the smug vampire said with a playful smirk dancing on his lips. Val hit his shoulder. "Oh I'm sure there's enough to go around."

Rory stuck his tongue out at her.

"Anyways, I'm totally bummed that Benny couldn't make the potion with me."

"Awe sorry about that Val, at least you have me though."

Valerie looked up to see him smiling, and she smiled back. He noticed a slight blush creep to her cheeks. She glanced down at her lap. "Thank's Ror, I feel a lot better with you here." This felt like such an accomplishment to him; Val feeling better cause he was here for her? Success.

"Here, I know something that'll make you feel even better!," Rory said, jumping up excitedly. He lifted his arms up, gesturing for her to come to him. When she did, he picked her up, wrapping his arms around her tightly. Valerie wrapped her arms around his neck and let out a small squeal as she felt him lift off the ground. "Rory!"

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Chill Val, I'm like a pro at flying. Just sit back and enjoy the ride sweet stuff."

"ROR-"

She couldn't get another word in as Rory took off, making sure he had her tightly secured in his grip.

~ | ~

The two landed and Rory gently set Valerie on the ground.

"Look, movie time!"

Valerie couldn't help but grin. "Wow, thanks Rory," she said as she gave him a quick, appreciative hug. "Also, I'm surprised you didn't crash on the way here and kill us both."

"Correction, you, not us. I'm immortal," Rory said in a teasing manner. Valerie gave him an exaggerated eye roll. "Okay smartass, don't get too ahead of yourself."

The two of them bought their tickets for the new horror movie that had come out, the one that Rory had just invited her to but got declined on cause of her plans with Benny, which were now obviously in the trash.

Valerie loved spending time with Rory. He had this way of making her feel better, especially on nights like these where she was just bummed out about everything. Things came so naturally between the two, they understood each other and knew they could always go to the other if they had an issue. They were so close, even with the fact that one was an immortal vampire and the other was a regular human.

Though, things would soon change.