𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖓 𝖛𝖆𝖒𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

~ | ~

~ | ~

Rory retracted his fangs from Valerie's neck, breathing heavily as he did so. He gently lifted her face up by her chin to meet his eyes, running a thumb along the bite. She looked like a deer caught in headlights, unable to meet his gaze because of the pain that was now pulsing through her body. She collapsed, but Rory was quick to catch her in his arms.

"Rory," Valerie choked out.

Rory felt a bad feeling fill his body; had he just made a mistake?

"Yeah Val?" Rory sounded worried as he held the girl up, holding her head against his chest. He could see a trail of blood roll slowly down her neck. He gulped, focusing on keeping her stable. Valerie held onto him, gripping him tightly. The pain that she had just felt was now almost completely gone, but her head was spinning. "What just happened Rory?," Valerie said through deep breaths.

He picked her up and set her down on the bathroom counter, their eyes finally locking.

"Am I-"

"A vampire."

The words echoed in Valerie's head and she felt as if she might pass out.

"Well, actually, technically you're a fledgling right now but-" Valerie cut him off. "I know how it works Rory."

Rory looked down, wondering if he had gone too far, if he had let his feelings take control of him. "Are you mad at me?," he asked in a sheepish voice. Valerie looked at him and put her hand on his shoulder, causing him to look back up at her. "Rory no, I just feel..," she paused. "I feel surprised. And besides, I'm the one that asked you to do this." She looked at him, smiling, trying to make him not feel bad about this.

The vampire and the newly-made fledgling stood there in the bathroom, now trying to figure out a way to hide this from the others. They were pretty sure that they wouldn't be too happy with Rory turning Valerie. And there was also the fact that they were literally just having an intense makeout session; they could never live that down if the others knew. Before they could come up with a plan, they heard a knock on the door. They both froze and gave each other worried looks. "Shit," they both said under their breath.

"Guysss, what's taking so long in there??," said an annoyed Benny from outside the door.

"Er, uh-," Rory started, but Valerie rolled her eyes and covered his mouth with her hand, knowing he would say something dumb and expose them both. She faked a sick, tired voice. "Sorry Benny, I got sick. Rory's gonna take me home."

Benny stood outside the door, looking skeptical. "Uhhh, okay." Valerie let out the breath she had been holding and uncovered Rory's mouth. He furrowed his brow, giving her an angry look. "What the fuck was that for Val?" Valerie flicked his shoulder. "Cause I knew you'd say something dumb." Rory huffed and crossed his arms.