𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖊

~ | ~
"Dude, obviously Della's dog dying is wonderful news for me."

"What the hell?"

Valerie heard the boys conversation and walked up between them, giving Benny a look full of judgement. "Uh, a girls dog being dead is wonderful news for you, how?" Benny gave her a look back that made it seem like she was the crazy one. "Valerie, did you forget I'm like, a crazy cool wizard? Once I figure out a spell to bring her dog back, she's gonna be so in love with me." After hearing Benny's explanation, Ethan's jaw dropped.

"Dude, you can't bring stuff back from the dead," Ethan said while shaking his head. "That sounds dumb, and dangerous."

Valerie nodded, completely agreeing with Ethan. "Yeah Benny, this could go like, horribly wrong." She crossed her arms. Benny waved their concern off with his hand. "You guys can say whatever you'd like, but I don't wanna hear shit from either of you once Della's madly in love with me, Benny Weir."

"Yeah, more like Benny Weird," Ethan said with an eye roll. Valerie laughed at his joke, and then laughed harder once Benny gave Ethan and angry punch in the shoulder. Ethan rubbed his arm, wincing. "Ow dude that hurt!" Benny just shrugged. Valerie smirked at the two dorks before taking a second to look around.

She remembered something. "Wait, have you guys seen Rory around?"

Valerie hadn't seen Rory around school at all the last week, and he hadn't shown up at her window either. Usually the bubbly blonde vampire was ecstatic to see Valerie and their friends, and you couldn't miss Rory. He was loud. And always up to something.

Benny and Ethan looked at each other, shaking their heads in sync. "Now that I think of it, it has been awfully quiet around here," Benny said skeptically. Ethan couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, Benny's right. I haven't seen him anywhere this week." Valerie gave the two a mean look for laughing about Rory's disappearance. "Guys, that's not funny. He's our friend."

"True. Sorry Valerie."

"Anyway, I'm kinda worried about him. I'm gonna go over to his house to see if he's there to check on him. If any of the teachers ask where I am, cover for me, okay?," the girl asked the boys, hesitant to rely on them covering up for her. Benny and Ethan gave them her word, and they parted.
~ | ~
Valerie stood at the door of Rory's house and rung the doorbell. Only a few seconds passed before Rory's mom opened it, welcoming her inside immediately. She absolutely loved Valerie, and knew that her and her son had been best friends for a very long time.

"Why hello Valerie! What brings you here today? Especially during school hours?"

Valeria smiled sheepishly. "Well, I kinda thought it was important to come check on Rory cause me and the guys haven't seen him at school the past week. Is he okay?" Her question was eager, wanting to know if something was wrong with her best friend. Rory's mom nodded her head, understanding that Valerie just wanted to check up on Rory. "That's awfully sweet of you dear," she said, closing the door behind them. "The truth is, he hasn't been feeling good at all this last week. Up in his bedroom all day, sleeping, and barely even eating! I couldn't make him go to school feeling like that."

Valerie's brow furrowed. 'Huh.. vampires don't just get sick,' she thought.

"Awe, poor Rory," she said. "Is it okay if I go up and check on him?"

Rory's mom nodded, motioning for her to go up to his room. Valerie walked upstairs, stopping at her best friends door before knocking. She heard a quiet, "come in", from inside. She pushed the door open to see Rory curled up in bed, looking more pale than usual and extremely tired. His usual happy blue eyes seemed dull, accompanied by dark circles below them. "Rory! You look terrible. Are you okay?"