𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖞

~ | ~

"Can one of you come zip me up?"

Erica's frustrated voice could be heard outside of her changing room, sounding like she was having trouble with the dress she was currently trying on. Sarah stepped out of her changing room, walking over to the one Erica was in. "Yeah, let me in."

The girls, Erica Valerie and Sarah, were all out together shopping for dresses that they would be wearing to the dance on Friday night. So far, none of them had any luck yet finding one.

Valerie giggled as she heard the two girls pair up to zip the back of Erica's dress up. She herself was looking through some of the dresses she had picked to try on, trying to find one that stood out to her.

"Now, unzip me. I don't really like this dress," Erica said with annoyance. Valerie could hear Sarah scoff, and then the sound of struggling to unzip. "So you're telling me I did that all for nothing?" All three girls laughed.

"Ugh, dress shopping is a lot harder than I would've thought. They always make it look so fun and easy in the movies," Valerie said as she continued sorting through the different dresses she had found. Sarah walked out of Erica's changing room and back to her own. "I know right? All the dresses I've tried on are either too big, too small, or just aren't my style." Erica sounded impatient as she spoke, but the others couldn't blame her because they were getting pretty annoyed as well.

Valerie skimmed through the different dresses and was about to give up when she got to the back of the stack she had picked out, her fingers pausing on the fabric. It was a long, low-cut black dress that reached to the floor, the material a shiny black instead of just plain black. It had a slit where the leg was. It seemed almost scandalous, but didn't feel like too much.

With a determined sigh, she lifted it off the hanger and slipped into it. She carefully reached behind her back to zip it up and smoothed down the fabric, wondering how it looked. Valerie stepped out of the changing room to show Erica and Sarah. "Guys, come look at this one."

The other two emerged, and stared at her with looks of awe.

"Girl."

"You look so fucking hot in that dress."

"Literally, like, it fits you perfectly and flatters you so well," Sarah said as she stepped forward to get a closer look of the design.

Valerie looked down at the dress, blushing at the thought that they liked the dress on her so much. "You really think so?," she asked, turning to look at herself in the mirror. "Yes! Please let me do your makeup, I know the perfect look to do."

She looked back and smiled at Erica who had offered to do her makeup. "For sure."

The delicate framed girl took one last look at the dress before deciding that this was the one she would get. The thought of Rory entered her mind; Would he like the dress? And then she thought, of course he would, he's Rory. A smile formed on her lips, actually feeling excited for the dance.

The other two girls finally decided on dresses as well. Erica settled on a skin-tight dark red dress which looked like it had been made for her, while Sarah went with a dress that hugged her at the top but flowed out at the bottom and was a beautiful lavender color that looked wonderful on her.

As they left and drove home, Valerie remembered that she and Rory had been keeping the secret of her being a vampire from them. She felt guilty about it, especially after how much fun they had just had together; but she knew she would wait a little longer to tell them, when she felt comfortable enough.