𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖞

~ | ~

        Valerie could feel the cool wind in her hair as Rory flew them through the air to their school, her arms wrapped around his neck for support. He held her bridal style, careful not to mess up the beautiful dress she was wearing. He couldn't stop thinking how he had gotten so lucky. His childhood bestfriend, who he had been in love with for ages, was now going to the dance with him.

And he'd be in love with her for many more ages, as long as his immortal life would allow him to.

"We're almost there," Valerie pointed down at the school which was now visible. Rory descended through the air, carefully setting her on the ground once he landed.

"We're gonna have such a good time Val!"

The girl laughed softly, nodding. "Yes Ror, I know."

Rory wanted to be a gentleman tonight, and make it special for Valerie, even though it was just a school dance. He held his hand out, his piercing blue eyes looking into her green ones. "M'lady."

Valerie blushed at the nickname and how polite he was. She gave him her hand, and he lead her into the school.

~|~

       The school gym was bustling with students all dressed in their best. Kids gathered in groups, talking, dancing, eating. The ceiling of the gym was decorated like the night sky, fake stars hanging down from it, glowing dimly. Other lights were strung throughout the room, along with other space themed decorations.

Rory and Valerie entered the gym and looked around. "Woah, cool!," Rory exclaimed with a grin. Valerie observed the decorations. "The theme is kinda cheesy, but it's cute."

Almost immediately after them, the others arrived. To their amazement, in walked Ethan and Sarah, side by side. Benny strolled in shortly behind them, and last but not least, Erica in her blood red dress.

"Is it just me or is Sarah actually Ethan's date?," Rory said to Valerie in shock.

Valerie noticed this and felt a small pang of jealousy. She had just gotten over her feelings for Ethan. She shouldn't be jealous of this. And besides, her date was Rory. The feeling went away quickly when she looked over at the tall blonde boy beside her, a smile returning to her face. "Wow. I'm surprised he actually had the guts to ask her to the dance."

"Wazzuppp guys!," said Benny excitedly, fist pumping the air. Erica folded her arms across her chest, rolling her eyes. "Benny, this is already humiliating enough. You acting like a dork makes it worse." Benny just shot her a grin, waggling his eyebrows playfully at her. "It's Ethan and Sarah, and Valerie and Rory, so I guess that makes it Benny and Eri-" Erica cut him off before he could finish, flashing her fangs at him. "Shut it."

At the mention of 'Valerie and Rory,' the blonde vampire felt ecstatic, almost floating off the ground, but catching himself before he did so. Suddenly, the food table caught his eyes. "Guys! They have snacks!"

Ethan raised a brow at him. "Rory, you're a vampire. You don't need food."

"So? Snacks are snacks," Rory stated. "I'm gonna go get us some punch, my sweet." He gestured to the bright red punch bowl. Valerie nodded and watched him walk to retrieve it for them.

The group stood together and chatted amongst themselves. "I can't believe you're Rory's date," Erica said with raised eyebrows, her lips pursing together. The rest of the group nodded in agreement, just as surprised as Erica. Valerie shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her eyes flicking from them to Rory who was now carrying two glasses of punch back. "Don't act so surprised. He's sweet and I have fun with him. Plus he's my bestfriend." There was a hint of annoyance in her voice, so the other's decided not to pry anymore.