𝙑𝙄𝙄 - 𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚

276 A.C.
Lannisport

Leia was waiting outside by where she assumed their spot was. She was standing up drumming her fingers against the balcony wall. What was taking him so long?

She felt to strong arms wrap around her waist and spun her around. "Robert." She said deflated.  She was hoping it was Rhaegar.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked, leaning against the balcony wall.

"I'm meeting someone. Why are you out here?" She asked, looking past him for Rhaegar.

"Well, I was looking for you, because I need to tell you something." He said scratching his head, and edging slowly closer.

"Leia." Rhaegar said, suddenly appearing by her side.

"Rhaegar, hi." She said with a smile. He wrapped a protective arm around her waist. Robert's eyes dropped to Rhaegar's arm.

"What are you doing out here with my soon-to-be-wife, cousin?" Rhaegar asked, whilst placing the crown of winter roses back on her head. He whispered in her ear, "You left these in your chambers." What was he doing in there? She pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

Robert cleared his throat. "So it's true?" He asked looking into Leia's eyes.

"Yes." No more words could leave her throat. Why did she feel guilty?

Robert clenched his jaw. Leia looked down and saw his fist white.

"Well, if you don't mind cousin, we must excuse ourselves." She didn't even get a chance to say bye herself, when Rhaegar dragged her away.

"What were you doing with him?"

"First of all, him, is Robert, my friend. Second of all, he's nothing more than that because he is a child, who is two years younger than me, and you are my betrothed, and I would never cheat on you. And third of all, why were you in my room?"

He coughed. "First of all," Leia crossed her arms, unimpressed by his mockery, "he better only be a friend. Two, thank you for saying you would never cheat, so I won't on you either. And three, I was planting my surprise." He said blushing.

She laughed and took his hand. "Well, let us see this surprise." He smiled and led the way to her room.

They ended up laughing the entire way, because he opted for covering her eyes, leading them to bump into almost every servant, and faceplant practically every wall.

Eventually they both fell into her room. "Ughhhh" she groaned when he fell on top of her. She turned around. "Well this is compromising." She said laughing. He shook his head, and regained his consciousness. He laughed when he saw their position. He scrambled off of her, and offered her his hand.

She took his hand and he spun her around. That is when she saw a big box lying on her bed. She looked at him for permission, and he nodded his head. She went running to the box and opened it to see.. "a dress? Was my outfit so shocking yesterday, that you had to buy me a new one?"

"I- uh- no no no. You looked beautiful." She laughed at his innocence.

"I was just joking. But truly, this is too much. What is it for? I didn't even get you anything."

He took her hands in his. "You don't need to get me anything." He brushed some of her hair out of her face. "And I wanted you to look extra special for tonight. My father is formally announcing our betrothal tonight."

"Really? Even after you practically announcing it when you crowned me?" She asked giggling. He only offered a pointed look in response. "Ok, well you need to get out, so I can actually get there in time." She said laughing. Her face dropped when she saw he made no move to leave. "Rhaegar, you can't stay in here." She started to pushing him towards the door. "And thank you for the dress."