𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄 - 𝙏𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙇𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

279 A.C.
Stormsend

Rain, rain and more bloody rain. Stormsend was an endless pit of torrential downpour and it appeared that the horrendous weather reflected on the attitudes of the men.

Robert was not a particularly moody man, but it appears that the rest of the men in Stormsend were.  Stannis was quiet and barely uttered a word.  Whereas, Renly (barely of two name days) was the opposite, he was loud and boisterous.

The Valyrians stood out as clear as day, next to the dull atmosphere surrounding them. Their platinum or beaten-silver hair were seen across the hall. Their purple eyes (or pink, in Leia's case) were piercing, and were brighter than the lighting in the hall. Their beauty was unmatched.

The Targaryen family were seated at a table, slightly raised to the rest, next to the Baratheons. Leia had had the pleasure to meet Lady Rhaelle, formerly Princess Rhaelle of House Targaryen. She was interesting, and there was no denying she was of Valyrian descent, for she shared similar features to the guests.

Rhaelle was bouncing Rhayria on her knees, whilst the young girl was laughing. "So, how long until I get another great great niece, or perhaps a nephew?"

Leia choked on her drink, and attempted to regain some of her composure. She dabbed her lips dry with a napkin. "I'm not sure, I haven't give too much thought to it.  Possibly in a little while, I wouldn't want to become pregnant so soon."

"Why not?" Rhaelle asked nonchalantly.

Leia gave a small smile. "Childbirth was painful, I'm not too sure if I could handle it again."

Rhaelle laughed. "My dear," she placed a hand on Leia's shoulder, "that is the whole point.  We experience all that pain and we receive such an amazing gift at the end.  It's all worth it."

"I understand that, but I still think it's a little too soon.  I still want to spend some time with Rhayria for the time being." Leia tapped a finger on Rhayria's nose and smiled when a small hand grabbed it.

Rhaelle watched the scene in front of her. "I sometimes wish I had had more children.  Although, Steffon was more than I could ever ask for." Rhaelle smiled fondly at the memories.

Leia noticed her smile slowly fade, and Leia looked down. "I never got to say how sorry I was for Steffon.  I didn't get to meet him, but from what I heard, he was a lovely man."

"Yes, he was.  More of a man than his children will ever be." Leia looked up to see Rhaelle glaring at Robert.  It was no secret that Robert's impulsive behaviour had already resulted in several bastards.  It wouldn't be a surprise if that very impulsive behaviour would be the death of him.

Leia didn't know what to say, so she was thankful for Rhaegar approaching. "I hope I'm not interrupting."

"Of course not.  We were just talking about children." Rhaelle replied, letting Rhayria grab her finger.

Rhaegar's face dropped.  Leia laughed at her husband's reaction and slapped his arm.  She stood up and whispered in his ear; "Don't worry love, I told her Rhayria is more than enough for now."

Rhaegar laughed and grabbed her hand and made way for the middle of the hall.  Many men were already dancing in the centre, albeit they were drunk and their dancing were not the most coordinated, it was nice.

He held her right hand in his left, and placed his right hand on the small of her back.  He guided her along with him.  Leia was not very tall, and Rhaegar was larger than most men — so their height difference was laughable.

He leant down so that she could hear him. "So, when you meant Rhayria was enough for now, did you mean that you are going to go through with celibacy until we are ready?"