Chapter 1

Salmon Sandwich

"CAPTAIN CAPTAIN WE'RE UNDER ATTACK WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?" I ran worried towards Jason, as fast as my skin tight silver suit allowed me to.

"Don't worry Comander Nova I have it all under control." he replied and looked at the camera with a look full of confidence and charm.

"But how? The evil Thermians have circled our ship!" I said when I heard the director's voice.

"CUT!"

"What, what did I do now?" I snapped out of character and turned to him. 

Josh- our director- sighed and rubbed his temples with his hands.

"Amy, for the millionth time the Thermians are our friends they're not the ones who attack us." he said desperately and I narrowed my eyes.

"Well I'm pretty sure that..." I begun saying but he handed me the script. I looked at it and bit my bottom lip.

It was the eleventh time we were shooting that scene because almost every time I did or said something wrong. I just couldn't get it together today. I glanced at Alexander and he gave me a tired look.

"Come on Amy just say the damn line correctly I wanna go for lunch." he complained. Typical Dane. Always finding a reason to be grumpy about.

"Gosh I don't know what's wrong with me today." I murmured, "Can we take a break please?" I asked the director and he seemed to think about it.

"Alright alright it seems like we all need to take a lunch break. Come back here in 20 minutes I want everyone concentrated and ready to shoot some scenes." Josh pointed at us before leaving the set.

"Finally. If we played that scene one more time I would jump off the window." Alexander complained again as we headed to the near-by café.

"Can you not be so damn dramatic for once Dane? We get it you come from the theater. " I joked and everyone laughed.

"Ha." he looked at me and raised his dark eyebrow. "Very funny Jones."

"Oh come on the girl is right buddy. You're a liiittle bit over dramatic sometimes- always to be honest." Jason said and I raised my hands in a gesture meaning: "told ya".

"Well at least I am not the one who kept messing the lines all the time today." Alexander grunted and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh will you two stop?" Gwen said as we entered the cafe and hugged my shoulders. "We all have some bad days. I am sure Amy doesn't do it on purpose she's just tired."

I smiled soflty and she squized my arm.

"Yeah I get it it's a lot of pressure especially for someone new." Fred said and Alexander sighed and fell down on a chair on the other side of the table.

I sat down next to Gwen and grabbed the menu although I already knew what I was going to take. All these weeks we spent there shooting the new season of Galaxy Quest we always came here at the same café to eat lunch and I always ordered the same thing. A salmon sandwich.

I looked around at everyone who was discussing loudly what they were going to order. Jason and Alexander were arguing as usual, Guy was trying to convince Tommy to try the extra spicy chicken nuggets and Gwen was trying to stop them all from acting like five year olds on a school trip. I smiled. Being the newest cast member often made me feel kind of nervous and out of place around all those experienced actors. But everyone made sure I was feeling welcome from the start. And that was something I was incredibly thankful for. We had become like a family after all this time we spent working on the new series' episodes.