Chapter 9

Late for work

When two people like eachother they act foolish sometimes. Apparently Alexander and I thought this was a competition and we wanted to win as if our lives depended on it. So we kept getting on each other's nerves and acting like literal kids for the past two weeks only to finally admit our feelings and sleep together in the end. And all this trouble just to wake up the next day and remember we're co-workers and we were also fifteen minutes late to work.

"Come on run Amy run we don't have time!"

"I'm trying I'm trying I can't find my shoes!" I yelled running up and down his appartement in search of my stuff.

"For fuck's sake Amy hurry up!" Alex yelled from the door.

"I'm here I'm here!" I gasped putting on my shoes and grabbing my wallet.
We quickly ran down the stairs and got into his car - that had still Dr Lazarus sucks written on it-  and Alex started driving to the studio.

"If we run towards our dressing rooms we'll manage to be almost on time for our scene." Alexamder said and I nodded.

"What if they see me in these clothes, they'll realize I slept in yours." I told him worried.

"They won't. You'll change immediately in your uniform." he replied as he made a quick turn of the wheel and pulled out in the side of the street.

"You like me in that suit don't you Dane?" I teased remembering all the looks I used to get from him when I was wearing my skin tight silver uniform.

Alexander gave me a strict look trying to hide the small smirk appearing on his lips. "We don't have time for these right now Amy." he said, his voice lowered. "Come on now hurry!" he whispered and pulled me into his dressing room.

We quickly dressed up and put our make up on. I put on my wig securing it with small boby pins as usual and turned to look at Alexander. He was just standing there staring at me with his headpiece on his hand.

"What are we gonna do with this?" he asked me.

Oh shit.

"Don't you know how to put it on yourself?" I asked praying that Josh won't kill us for being so late.

"Do I look like I know?"

"Alright, alright calm down we'll find a solution." I said grabbing his headpiece and trying to glue it on his head. "Gosh you have so many hair..." I mumbled as I was making efforts to keep them all under that squid like thing.

"And I hope to keep it that way please... Aoutch!" Alex squealed in pain as I pulled some strands of hair by mistake.

"Sorry!"

"Bloody hell...." he cursed under his breath trying to keep his voice low so no one would hear us.

"Shut up you grumpy Brit, here I did it." I said showing him the mirror. "Ta da ! What do you think?"

"It's horrible, but we don't have any other time darling." he looked up at me from his chair and I leaned and gave him a soft kiss.

"Then stop complaining and let's go." i grabbed him by the hand and we ran towards the studio hoping no one would understand our absence. We were wrong of course, terribly wrong. Everyone turned their heads to look at us as we entered including the cast and the crew members. And of course Josh who seemed the most irritated of all.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU TWO BEEN?" he yelled as soon as he saw us.

"Good morning to you too Josh." Alexander grunted and went to take his place on the set.