02.

⿻02

⿻02. NICE TO MEET YOU...I GUESS

You made your way towards the door, twisting the doorknob in order to open it. The door revealed a...guy? A surprisingly handsome one.

He was leaning against the door frame, his stare focused on his IPhone screen. He was dressed all in black, a chain hanging from his neck. His nails were stained by uneven black nail polish and his middle fingers were hugged by a silver ring each.

You caught yourself staring for a second, taking in the image before you, before you cleared your throat, catching his attention.

"Hello? Who are you?" You questioned.

The guy closed his phone as his gaze made its way towards your eyes, making eye contact. His eyes were like two golden orbs, complimented by the sunlight.

"Hu Tao?" He spoke, raising his tone a bit, completely ignoring you.

"H-Hey! I asked you som-" You started.

"Hm? Ah! Xiao, it's you!" Hu Tao approached you and the guy, who's name apparently is 'Xiao'.

"What's your room number?" She asked excited.

"56" Xiao responded. "Down the hall, first door on the left, after the elevator"

His voice was low and calm, he seemed like someone who could maintain his temper for a long period of time.

"Anyways, one of my friends from the third year is throwing a party for the 'newbies' tonight and he told me to invite everyone who's new" Xiao spoke again, rolling his eyes at the term he was forced to use.

"Aren't you a newbie as well?" You asked Xiao.

"Who the fuck are you again?" Xiao glared at you.

"I am Hu Tao's best friend and dormmate. Who the fuck are you?" You retorted, emphasizing the pronoun.

"I am Hu Tao's best friend as well" Xiao responded.

You both turned your gaze towards Hu Tao who was munching on a lollipop. She was definitely enjoying the show.

"How come I do not know of this individual's existence?" Xiao questioned.

"How the fuck is he your best friend? Hu Tao care to do some explaining?"

Hu Tao chuckled. "You guys are both my best friends! The reason you guys didn't know about eachother? Simple. Xiao is my best friend from high school, me and him always spent lunch togheter. Y/n is my best friend from childhood, the one who knows all my secrets and weaknesses!You guys never asked about eachother, nor did you need to know about eachother" She explained.

"HA! I'm more important than you" You exclaimed towards Xiao, crossing your arms.

"Fuck you, y/n" He sighed. "Whatever, meet me in front of the building at 8 PM sharp or else I'll leave without you" Xiao instructed.

"Aye-aye, captain!" Hu Tao responded playfully, earning a breathy chuckle from the dark-haired boy.

Xiao left, leaving you and Hu Tao alone, with your dorm room open.

"Hu Tao"

"Hm?"

"He's so fucking hot, why didn't you tell me about him?"

❦