The Mall

Shouto awoke to birds chirping. It was early morning, and the sunlight was still pale and harsh.

The blankets beside him rustled as his boyfriend began to stir in his arms. Izuku's curls tickled the bottom of his chin and half of the other boy's face was pressed against his neck. Warmth bloomed in his chest, as tender as a spring flower. Involuntarily, he let out a purr that caused Izuku to smile sleepily. "Good morning, Boyfriend," cooed Shouto.

"My name is still Izuku, you know," chuckled Izuku, burying his face into his neck. "I told you we could move off of the Master-Familiar dynamic. Calling each other 'Boyfriend' isn't as interesting as pet names."

"Like what, for example?"

"Shoucchan!" Izuku giggled.

Shouto locked his legs around Izuku's as he listened to his boyfriend spew pet names, each one more embarrassing than the last. When at last he was done with his spiel, Shouto stretched like a cat and grabbed his jingly collar. "Let's go on a date today."

"O- oh! Right! Sorry." Izuku sat up abruptly. "Um... I'd love to go on a date with you, Shouto, but there's a virus around, so it's not gonna be easy... plus people could recognize you from the news... and I wanna go to the hospital and visit Mom sometime today or tomorrow as well."

"To be frank, I forgot about it. The whole virus thing," Shouto sighed. "Too caught up in the moment, I suppose."

Izuku left a peck on his nose, which Shouto immediately wrinkled up. It was cute, but Izuku didn't like it when his kisses got rejected. "You know what? Let's go to the mall today. It's still open to everyone who'll wear a mask. Maybe I can buy you a wig to help you cover up."

Shouto breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks so much, Izuku. I'll pay for my own things once I figure out how to get my possessions back. But if you're ever short on money, you don't need to be responsible for me anymore if it gets out of hand." 

Izuku only brushed his hair out of his face. "You really don't know how much I care for you," he said simply. "Put these on." He tossed at Shouto a hoodie, sunglasses, and a mask, all of which Shouto slipped on in an instant. The shorter boy pulled his hood over his head, sufficiently hiding his bi-colored hair.

Izuku looked at him up and down. "Hmm... this makes you look too much like a gangster. We don't want to draw attention to you, especially if you look like a Yakuza member." He knocked Shouto's sunglasses off. "That's better. I do want to look into your eyes on our date. Especially since they're so pretty." Noticing Shouto's apparent fluster, he allowed himself an innocent smirk. Izuku: one, Shouto: zero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There hadn't been many people on the train. Shouto and Izuku had isolated themselves from others, which was seen as a good thing, given they didn't want to catch a virus and have people recognize Shouto as the missing cat-boy from the news.

"Try these on," suggested Izuku, cradling a pile of colorful hairs in his arms. Shouto stepped into the changing room and pulled his hair back using the elastics, hair clips, and hairpins Izuku had conveniently brought. He fit many bright, vivid wigs onto Shouto's head, one of which was pastel orange and had long strands of hair that ended at the waist. "Whoops!" Izuku barked with laughter at the sight of him. "I accidentally picked a girls' wig."

Shouto decided that this was the perfect time to fluster him. He turned away from Izuku for a few seconds, only to whip around dramatically, flipping the orange hair and wiggling his eyebrows. "Like what you see?" he hummed, his voice deep and husky.

Izuku was sure his soul had just left his body. Well, shit. I'm dead. He killed me. "Uh- uh- h-how ab-b-bout we t-try this one?" he spluttered, still trying to reassemble the remaining amounts of reputation he had left. He held a dark, gray-blue wig that was tied in a spike-like hairstyle on top, with the bangs able to cover his left eye completely.