Chapter 6

*6 months later*

Hailey's POV
Jay and I have been together for roughly 7 months. He moved in with Eden and I a few weeks ago. It may seem like we're going fast, but I love Jay and I know we are going to end up together.

The team found out about us a few months ago and they were all really happy for us, apart from Erin. I was nervous because I didn't know how Hank would react. He was surprisingly okay with it. He has started to become more of a father figure to me and it felt great to have someone like that who cares about me.

I was woken up by Jay peppering kisses all over my face. I smiled and rolled over to face him.

"Good morning." He said in his sexy morning voice.

"Good morning bubba." I replied. We kissed softly and cuddled for a minute. Just then, our bedroom door opened and I saw Eden stood there with her stuffed animal.

"Come here baby." I said. She climbed into our bed.

"How did you get out of your crib mrs?" Jay asked and Eden smiled.

"You know what that means. Her crib is on the lowest setting and she's escaping from it. I think it's time we get you big girl bed." I said tickling her. She started giggling.

We got out of bed. We didn't have work today unless we caught a case. We went into the kitchen and made breakfast together. We had pancakes with fruit. Eden wolfed hers down. I got her dressed and we went to go buy her a big girl bed. Jay and I were looking at different beds while Eden was attached to my hip.

"You do know what this means, right?" Jay asked and I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She's getting a big girl bed. She's 2 now. We're going to have to start potty training soon." He said.

"Oh god. She might be ready for that, but I'm not." I said and he chuckled.

"Why don't we get some stuff while we are shopping. We can introduce the idea to her. We have the next two days off so it's a good time." He suggested.

"Let's do it." I said and he nodded.

"You have to promise to help me though because I can't do it on my own." I said and he smiled. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Where else would I be?" He asked rhetorically and I smiled. We kissed.

To our next stop, Target. We walked over to the children's section and started looking for what we needed.

"Right, we need a potty, some pull-ups, underwear, training underwear, and a seat reducer." He said. We went and looked at potties first.

"Mama, what we do?" Eden asked tilting her head.

"We are looking at potties." I replied.

"Potty?" Eden said confused.

"You are going to be a big girl and use the potty like we do." Jay said and Eden looked a bit wary.

"Why don't you pick one that you like sweetheart?" I suggested. I put her down and she looked at all the different ones.

"Mama!" She shouted after a few minutes. I looked at her and she was sitting on one of the potties. It was pink with flowers on it