Chapter 23

Hailey's POV
After I had spoken with Adam, I told Jay what was going on with Luna.

"This is all my fault. How did I not notice?" I asked.

"Baby, don't blame yourself, it's not your fault." Jay said reassuringly, holding my hand. "I think you should go home and be with Luna, make sure she's okay."

"But I don't want to leave you." I replied.

"Hailey, I'll be fine, I promise." He said convincingly.

"Okay, I'll call you." I replied and he nodded. We kissed softly and I left the hospital.

On the way home, I let my mind wander. How did I not notice that Luna wasn't eating? I'm a bad mom aren't I?

I finally arrived home and headed inside. I saw Adam and Olivia sat on the couch.

"Hey." I said and they both looked up.

"What are you doing here?" Adam asked.

"Jay made me leave." I replied and they both nodded.

"Are Luna and Eden asleep?" I asked.

"Yeah, they both went down about an hour ago." Olivia replied.

Adam left and I joined Olivia on the couch. She yawned.

"You tired?" I asked and she shook her head. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Then why did you yawn?" I asked. She leaned into my chest and tears ran down her cheeks.

"Liv, what's the matter?" I asked concerned. She was fine a minute ago.

"I don't want to go to sleep." She said.

"Why?" I asked stroking her hair.

"I don't want to be alone. What if someone takes me like they took dad?" She cried and I sighed.

"Oh honey, you're safe, I promise." I said and she rested her head on my chest.

"Go to sleep here, I'll stay with you." I said and she looked up at me.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise baby." I said and she fell asleep cuddled into my chest.

I must've fallen asleep too because I was woken up by the sound of someone coming downstairs. I rubbed my eyes and saw Luna stood there sheepishly.

"Hey sweetie, do you know what time it is?" I asked. I literally had no idea.

"7:30." She replied.

"Okay. You want cuddles?" I asked and she nodded. She came and sat down next to me and I wrapped my arm around her.

"Uncle Adam told me something yesterday." I started and she looked worried.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to be beautiful." She said sadly and I sighed.

"Baby, you are so so beautiful. Don't let those mean people at school get to you. If they ever say anything to you again, tell me okay?" I said and she nodded.

"Love you." She muttered.

"I love you too sweet girl." I replied.

I stayed cuddled up with Luna for a while. I heard a crying sound coming from upstairs. I quickly stood up and ran into Eden's room. I turned the light on and what I saw made my heart break. Eden was sat up crying with a pile of sick on her duvet.

"Olivia!" I shouted. She came running up the stairs.

"Oh Eden." She said when she saw her baby sister.