Chapter 13

Hailey's POV
I was being discharged from med today. I have been here for 3 days because they wanted to keep an eye on me. I was sat on the end of my hospital bed waiting for Jay to come and pick me up.

I've hardly spoken to anyone since the kidnapping. People visited me every day, but I never spoke much. I was violated and I'm embarrassed. I'm a cop and I let this happen.

I was broken out of my thoughts by a knock on my hospital room door. I looked up and saw Jay and Will.

"Hey." I said quietly, before turning back around.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Jay asked.

"I'm okay at the minute." I said and he nodded. He helped me into the wheelchair, after we argued about me getting in it for five minutes.

"Remember, no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for the next few weeks." Will instructed and I nodded.

Jay helped me to the car and we went home. I saw my girls which made me smile. Eden came running over to me.

"Mama!" She shouted. Jay caught her before she bumped into me.

"Do you remember what we talked about princess? We have to be careful around mommy for a little while." He said.

"Mommy got owie." Eden said.

"That's right baby, I did." I said. Luna hugged me next.

"I missed you. As much as I love uncle Adam, he can get very annoying at times." She said and I chuckled. Olivia hugged me last. She started crying in my arms.

"Oh baby, I'm okay." I said.

"When uncle Adam came to the school, I knew something had happened. I thought you were gonna die." She cried. I held her head to my chest as she sobbed. I kissed her cheek.

"I'm okay honey. I'll try to be more careful." I said and she nodded. We all went and sat on the couch.

"So mom, how did you even injure yourself. No one will even tell us what you did. Why?" Luna asked and I sighed.

"Do you remember what that mean man did to you a few days before you came and lived here?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"A man did that to me too." I said and she was shocked. She hugged me.

"Wait what?" Liv asked. She teared up.

"Were you......?" She asked and I nodded sadly. She leaned into my chest and I started stroking her hair. I cuddled with the girls for a few minutes, reassuring them that I would be okay.

Olivia and Luna stayed cuddled up to me. According to them, they want to give me cuddles to make me feel better.

"Who wants lunch?" Jay asked.

"Yes please." I replied. He made grilled cheese sandwiches for us all.

"Can we watch a movie?" Luna asked.

"Sure, what shall we watch?" I asked.

"Matilda." Liv replied.

"Let's do it." I said. I put the movie on and we all sat together.

After a while, I went to my room. I just wanted to lie down for a bit. I started to cry. Every time I close my eyes, I see that man violating me.

I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw Olivia. I composed myself and tried to make it look like I wasn't crying. She wrapped her arms around me.

"You don't have to put up a front just because you're my mom. You're like my best friend. I'm sorry about what happened." She said which warmed my heart.