A Line Without A Hook

𝗔 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗔 𝗛𝗼𝗼𝗸
(Inspired by 'Line Without A Hook' by Rick Montgomery)
DC: April 11, 2021

.........

—I stopped kissing you knowing we're alone..

"I will marry you Jessica."  My voice broke the silence. We were both 25 year old under the night clouds of Sweden.

"Sure you will, do not hurt yourself again, or I'll leave you." She replied looking at the cuts on my wrist. We both know that I'll be married tomorrow with a girl named Mavi, a girl that my morher adores. And we both know that what my mother said, will be done. It's a curse and it's always growing.

My mother came in, and take a look of discrimination for Jessica.

"Oh, yeah. I'll be going now." Jessica said and started walking out the door.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I—" My mother started but I cut her words.

"I KNOW! I AM HERE AND I WILL DO WHAT YOU SAID. I WILL MARRY MAVIS!" I replied, and she got back in her room.

And so I slept, getting ready for tomorrow. In my dream, there is a dancing man, dancing on top of a lake floating in the air, as a girl stood below crying.

"Hah!" I gasped, waking up.

"Get ready." My mother said, then I got up, and get ready.

Every "Yes." that I answered to the priest are breaking me inside.

After the marriage, everyone was happy for it, except for me. On that night, I came to meet Jessica in the lake where we always meet.

As I got there, I saw a woman in the middle of the clear water, holding a flower, and she's as white as snow.

I knelt, staring at it. It seems like she is crying. I broke my bones the moment I saw her.

"Jessica, what have I done?" I asked my self, and tears started to flow down my cheeks. The lake reflected the moon, as I cry thinking.

I wish I ran away with you. I wish I can pull you from the tide. I wish I did not think like a boy, but it's too late.. 'cause I am just a line without a hook..

And now you are a lady, drowned into a lake of sorrow..

—𝘈𝘬𝘶𝘮𝘢 𝘌𝘵𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘰