Unvanishing Rainbows

𝗨𝗻𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗥𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗯𝗼𝘄𝘀
(DC: 6th of March, 2021)

.....................

"If the rainbow cannot be seen, the world will fall into chaos."

My mom was lecturing me when I was little.

"We have different rules of worlds my child. The luckiest is the Earth. They only have to follow the rules that they made." She continued, smiling. I listened close so I can understand.

"So, if the rainbow in our world dissappeared, then we are no longer in peace. But the rainbow has always a cost to pay." She explained it carefully.

Then I asked, "What's the payment mother?"

She looked at me, with sad eyes.

"Soon you'll know, honey."

But years have passed, and I lost my mother. She died and my sister is missing. I don't know what's happening but luckily, I met Zyra, a cute girl that always tells me stories.

"...And they lived happily ever after." She finished her story with a smile on her face while caressing my head.

"Hey, will our story also end up happy?" I asked.

Her smile changed from peaceful to sad.

"O-of course." She said than smiled again. I kept thinking why did that bug her. Well, that was just a random question. I never knew that Zyra's emotion is soft, and that's why I like her.

"Soon, I'll be his husband!" I shouted at myself knowing that my height is only half of her.

.....................

"The Mystery of the Rainbow... a virgin girl will wear pure white... and she herself will become colorful, peaceful, and she will share peace with the world, and the world will live happily ever after."

Another one of her stories, I smiled as I enjoy imagining the story, a lady hero saving the world from darkness.

3 years later, the rainbow drew on the sky is slowly fading away. I always stare at it from my window.

"𝘐𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘣𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴."

I remembered mom's words, and knew that the rainbow is fading, Will the world be on war? The question in my head is echoing, so I rushed in Zyra's house. I will ask her about it.

"Hey Zyra!" I pushed the door and saw her naked.

"A-aaaahhhh, I'm sorryy!!!" I shouted covering my eyes.

"It's alright, open your eyes" She said and obeyed her. I looked at her and she looks beautiful and perfect. Her curves, her face, it calms me.

"H-hey Zyra, the rainbow's vanishing, will the world be in chaos?" I asked. She approached me, kneels in front of me and cupped my cheeks while staring.

"Don't worry. Tomorrow, you will see a beautiful new rainbow."

She said then smiled at me, then came in her mother, holding a white dress.

"Go home now, enjoy your life ok? Be happy everyday, I'll let you have this book, it's a gift from me" Zyra said as I receive the book from her hands.

Tomorrow came, and Zyra's missing. I feel so sad but her mother said, "You will see Zyra soon little boy, and she will look as beautiful as she can be."

So I smiled and went back home. And when I looked at the sky, there is a ranbow again. It looks more beautiful than the last one. But as I look at it, it seems lik it's whispering into my ear and it gave me goosebumps.

I let time passed by and read the book Zyra gave me.

"The mystery of the rainbow.... a virgin girl, wearing white clothes steps unto the sky to be the offering for the peace and the girl will save the world."

My heart skipped a beat, my goosebumps rised and I let my tears roll down.

"No.." i said in a low voice. I came out of my house still crying. I ran and ran and ran and ran, until I reached the sky temple still crying. I know kids aren't allowed to be here but who cares?

"ZYRAAAAAAA!!!!!" My voice echoed within the walls of the sky temple. Then at that moment, my tears ran dry. As I push the door, I saw Zyra in a white dress, looking beautiful.

"There you are." I said smiling bitter. My tears continued to fall as I see Zyra lying on her death bed with a rainbow colored knife stabbed in her heart, while her blood gives powers to the rainbow.

"You told me there is always a happy ending. Is this it?" I talk to her as I approach her carefully. I layed by her side, and pulled the knife off.

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫.

—𝘈𝘬𝘶𝘮𝘢 𝘌𝘵𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘰