The Victim

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗺
(Date written: Sept. 3, 2020)

"Yes I do, Your honor. I am the one who killed and raped the victim!" I shouted breaking the chaos and anger inside the court.

"To my family, I am very sorry for what I did." I said, looking down.

"So, we don't need to look for another suspect. Three years in jail and you'll be beheaded!" The judge shouted, then the police took me.

I saw my 27-year-old son, just standing and still staring at me, while the tears flow down his cheek.

.........
So I really did spent three years inside the jail. Three years of embarrassment is what I felt. A rapist, a killer of a 6-year-old child. Everybody looks at me with disgust. Some of the prisoners even punched me into a pulp, until I can't even move a muscle.

Then after three years, 4 hours before my decapitation, I lined with the prisoners who were also sentenced death.

A woman asked me.. "Why did you do it?" I recognized the woman. She is the aunt of my son, and she knows everything.

"I have no choice—" I replied but he cut my words before I could say it.

"Let your son pay for his crime" she said.

"He's too young to die. I know death is the sentence that's why I said it was me!" I replied. She just shook her head. "What did you do to deserve this, Ethan..?"

.........
So as I kneeled with the blade on top of me, I can see my son, standing from afar, crying.

Even though he can't hear me, I said, "I love you, my son. Don't ever do it again. Now you will learn your lesson.."

I smiled at him as the blade crossed down my neck, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭..

—𝘈𝘬𝘶𝘮𝘢 𝘌𝘵𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘰