Get used to it kid (poly hornets plus Toby)

Not following my normal headcanon of Alex being Tobys cousin for this
If you see words "like this" imbetween already speaking, it's a tic.

Also JayXTimXBrianXAlex is here. Different AU. Lmao

TW: SERIOUS TOPICS SUCH AS ABUSE,SUICIDE, RELIGIOUS TRAUMA AND ALCOHOLIC PARENTS

Tim was the first to notice how different Toby acted. He noticed how at every loud sound he heard, he flinched. If Tim and Alex ever fought he stayed in his room for over 3 hours even if it was playful. If Brian accidentally forgot something he shut his eyes as if he expected something to happen.

Brian was the next to notice. When he caught Toby sneaking out, he saw Toby flinch when he reached for Tobys hand. The look in Tobys eyes when he asked where Toby was going and telling him when to get back so he wouldn't be caught by Tim and Alex. The look of relief when he shut the door behind him. The look of discomfort when he's around any alcohol.

Alex noticed after those two. He was the one around the most, but almost never around Toby because of his work. But when he did hang out with Toby, he saw a little of himself. The yelling and then immediately going silent, the flinching at sudden movements, the apologizing without doing anything wrong. He knew what those signs meant. But he didn't want to talk about it too early.

Jay was the last to know. He was only around at night, and during the day he was always asleep. So that being said the only time he saw Toby was at night when he goes back in the house from his walks, or when he's actually awake in the mornings. When he noticed the habits, he asked immediately. Wise but not wise mood. He explained in a few words and walked away before he said too much. (Jay still feels terrible for that)

And then there was the day all five of the boys were together. The loudest two and the quieter three. The day was simple. They start out with Jays favorite things to do, and go from there until it's Tobys turn. When it was Tobys turn, he started to walk into the woods. Jay and Alex looked at each other and follow the teen. Tim and Brian are walking side by side to Toby. Then Toby suddenly speaks. "Y-You know Tim? You look like m-my mom... "fucking slut"...." Tim looks at Toby for a moment. Tobys eyes are following his feet at the ground. Tim smiles slightly. "That's nice.."  Brian watched the two boys talk, and walked over to Jay and Alex. They were talking about the nice times from Marble Hornets. Brian joined in.

When Toby reached the spot, he climbed up the old latter and moved the blanket out of the way, climbing into the old tree house. Everything was untouched, and some things had dust all over it. He sat down in his corner that had stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets to keep himself from getting injured. When Alex had finally got in they sat in comfortable silence. It was finally broken when Toby finally spoke.
"This was my safe spot as a child.... m-my friend and the kid he babysat with my s-sister would come here. We would have fun, m-make masks, and forget about our life. O-our life at home and at school." Tim looked away. Brian comforted him a little. Alex frowned. "I was hoping no one else had gone through that." Toby looked up. "You-?" Alex nodded. Jay looked at Toby. "Don't think we didn't notice Tobes..." Toby looked away, and Brian hugging Toby. "We all experienced some kind of abuse or neglect...." Tim nodded. "I even went to a mental hospital for most of my childhood." Toby leaned on Brian's shoulder. "My parents neglected me and forced me to work for myself and them. Never gave me any affection or praise unless they wanted something." Toby felt his hand being squeezed. Tobys eyes trailed to Jay, who was on the other side of him. "My stepdad was an alcoholic, who sexually assaulted my brother for being trans until he committed." Tobys eyes widened. "And when he found out I was gay, he found some girls to assault me." Toby sat there in silence. Then Alex spoke. "I was forced to pray three times a day, to quote unquote pray the gay away. And even before I was forced to recite the Lord's Prayer. If I got a single syllable wrong, I was hit." Toby looked at Alex. Alex was worried he said something wrong. Toby got up and hugged him. Alex was taken back by the guesture but hugged back. Jay smiled as he was cuddled by his two husbands.  The silence was broken by Toby once again. "Wha-what happened to Tim...?" Tim sighed in a tired way. "My schizophrenia got really bad sometimes, and I was sent there to be better. Though it didn't work. When it was really bad the nurses didn't come to help, and just left me there yelling and screaming at the hallucinations in my room. When I finally got out it was High School, and I was stuck with Brian since my mom thought  I was too much work.." Tim looked away and leaned on Brian. "He was my first friend.." Brian smiled. "Well, first one that was real.." Tim playfully hit Brian. "Hey!" Brian smiled. "I'm not wrong!"

Alex smiled as Toby relaxed from Brian getting hit.

"You'll get used to it kid..."