𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

a/n: this is a Marley POV continuation from chapter twenty-six.  a new person pov will be up soon.

this was supposed to be a short chapter but I got carried away with the spicey again I'm so sorry fsdbsdfb lol **long chapter warning**

Please review trigger warnings before reading.

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

Eli, my younger brother, had a full diagnosis exactly thirty days after fourth year concluded

Eli, my younger brother, had a full diagnosis exactly thirty days after fourth year concluded. The year of the Triwizard Tournament and the rebirth of Lord Voldemort. Cederic had just died and between the fear of everything, most of us got sent home early.

I remember afterward feeling terrible that I was having fun at the Triwizard Tournament with all my friends and my brother was at home sick and completely miserable. Which of course was always rationalized or pushed around because I was supposed to be the stronger one.

I returned at the beginning of summer to elves working on the house, making accommodations for wheelchair ramps and elevator lifts that only allowed him in the back of the manor. Nurses purifying the air and church workers blessing rooms that we play in.

Eli's room was relocated from next to mine to the farther down the gallery, overlooking the back flower garden, our playground, and a pool that he couldn't use on his own anymore.

My idiotic parents believed that it would make him feel better- to see more of the outside. But in reality, it just reminded him that he couldn't play on the playground without his nurses. He couldn't do anything without an oxygen tank and I wasn't here to hope that my parents were treating him fairly.

I think I disregarded every owl that summer. Daphne must have sent one a day- then two when she realized I was ignoring her. Lydia, Pansy... Millicent. Fuck.. My poor Milly. I hurt her the most by not returning her owls. Not to mention Theodore, who was obsessed with me at the time.

They were all worried about what was happening with the school and the wizarding community to realize there was another part of me they didn't see.

Of course, I picked my family over my friends every day and every time. Family always came first. Eli always came first.

I begged my parents to let me drop out of Hogwarts and stay home with Eli. Of course, they told me no. And Eli hated that I even pushed for it, but I didn't care about a magical education if it meant spending more time with him.

Coming back to Hogwarts for the sixth year, having Umbridge as a professor and then headmaster- we had OWLS to study for. Rules were stricter. Professor Dumbledore would have given me anything I asked when it came to my brother but Umbridge.. didn't let me go home. Not once.