thirty-four

Please review trigger warnings before reading
a/n: lol hi... the drama unfolds
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙
𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙕𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙞
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

 the drama unfolds 𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙕𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙣𝙞𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━ 𓆙

I've been mourning Pansy all week. Alone. In my dorm room. With weed and alcohol to drown out the grief. The light hurt my head so badly that I had to pull the covers over me when the sun came up.

I've been mourning my father- who will be on death row and executed at the end of the month for his crimes against the magical community. I didn't go to his ending trial- I didn't want to and didn't want to be forced to either.

My brain told me to do something that I enjoyed before we had to go back to school.

I arrived at St. Mungos on Sunday- a week after Pansy died. Visiting hours were from twelve to four. I haven't seen Katie since school started... I wasn't trying to avoid her but seeing her destroys me.

I picked up a bouquet of fresh flowers- her favorites. Marigolds and castle yellow celosia with flowering rosemary and spice garden roses.

After her accident, I remember waiting for answers about if her memory would recover. It took her six months at St. Mungos Hospital before she returned to Hogwarts.

She told me about the seizures a month into being back but assured me that it was fine. It was nearly the end of the school year when she fell off her broom during the Slytherin match.

"Katie," my face hurt from how wide my grin was when I saw her. "Hi, how are you feeling?"

She stood from her seat near her window. Since she was a permanent resident, she had her own room."Blaise?"

I snapped my head up from the flowers instantly. "Yeah.. It's Blaise."

"No, I don't... I don't remember." She frowned, "The pictures and the flowers you send. That's how I know."

My hopes crushed. I need to be realistic.. her memory isn't coming back. "Yeah, yeah. Right."

"I'm not trying to hurt you.."

"God, no. Don't you ever think that, okay?" I was cheerless. Hoping she wouldn't see the grief that seemed to permanently remain on my face. "I understand. Tomorrow is a new day, right?"

"Are you staying for a bit? I don't think visiting hours are over quite yet."

"Yes, if you would like."

She nodded enticastically. "Yes, please. The only people who visit me are my parents."

We talked about school. I didn't feel bad because she would forget half the things I was telling her by tomorrow. Quidditch was a big topic when I visited because that was what we bonded over.