forty-one

I decided to split this chapter up- please read 41 and 42 🤪

PLEASE REVIEW TRIGGER WARNINGS BEFORE READING

comment if you see a sentence i forgot to finish

anyway, here's a long detailed Marley pov + smut- you'll see why it took me so long to write it

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━𓆙
𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓮𝔂 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓵𝓮𝔂
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

Draco tightly held onto me as the twisting began to apparate us to Malfoy Manor

Draco tightly held onto me as the twisting began to apparate us to Malfoy Manor. We reached the gate, and hand in hand, he led me to the back entrance without saying a word to me.

I could tell he wasn't listening to anything I was saying. However, I still rambled on to keep his mind from disappearing into the darkness surrounding his relationship with his family.

Every so often, he would say some rendition of, "Yeah? That sounds nice, baby." or "Mhm, we can do that at the cottage."

He got us some drinks, and I was probably three glasses of wine in when we both walked to the party together. He told me that we needed to make rounds to the correct people, eat dinner, and then we could leave.

He didn't want to stay any longer than one hour- which was fine by me. I was here to support him. Whatever he needed, I could be. I would do anything to keep him happy.

Draco's whole demeanor changed when Mr. Malfoy finally requested to see him. I knew Draco was avoiding him, I hadn't dare asked him if they already spoke after the trial, but my suspicion was confirmed when Draco possessively wrapped his arm on my lower back and told me to stay close.

Lucius approached us alone- he was limping. I suppose his knee problems only got worse in Azkaban. He looked scrawny, as if he hasn't eaten a proper meal in months. His hair was longer than I remember but tied into a small lower bun. Despite this, he still somehow looked well put together.

He is a Malfoy, after all.

"Father," Draco spat. His hand not leaving my waist- only a slight squeeze on my side closer to him. "As always," he took a pull of his whiskey cup. "You look like hell."

Barely giving his son the proper attention, he stared at him, "Well, that's no way to speak to your father. I suppose I deserve it, though. You must have a lot of questions- as do I-.."

He smiled grimly at me, "Ah, the Marley Kingsley... I didn't realize you and my son were so close. Your parents are here, too, and they didn't mention anything to me. Might compromise my little mission."

"My parents are here?" I glanced up at Draco. He didn't know about this. He wouldn't have. I peered over to where Mr. Malfoy was directing his attention. "They said they were out of town."