thirty-nine

howdy fellas 🤠 if you see any flow issues pls comment on them- you had to rewrite this chapter because it came to me in a dream 😴

Please review trigger warnings before reading

𓆙━━━━━━━━━━𓆙
𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆
𓆙━━━━━━━━━━𓆙

When I opened the door to her covered in blood, in practically nothing and sobbing- I didn't know what to do

She was talking a million miles a minute, trying to explain to me what happened but nothing made any sense. I just nodded and went along with what she was saying in order to keep her talking.

"Okay, baby," I said to her as I helped her sports bra off her. We finally made it to the bathroom, "I understand. Sometimes it's hard, I know. I'll help you get cleaned off and then we can talk about it."

She shook her head onto my shoulder. Her whole body weight unexpectedly needed to be held up by me. She was traumatized. "I can't-. Draco. You have to help me fix it. I didn't.. I don't know how—."

She started hyperventilating. I pressed my lips onto hers, kissing her softly just twice in order for her to calm down. "Kins, listen to me. It's over now, okay?" I pressed my forehead to hers. I didn't care if  I got bloody in the process. "You're here now. It's safe. You are safe."

Another rule of mine was broken when I took off my shirt and I ended up getting into the shower with her. The hot water scorching her skin when I got in and Marley just standing there with her eyes closed.

Although I had pictured our first shower together to be filled with hot, nasty, filthy sex- I couldn't think of anything besides her needing me in this moment. The blood washed off her body and onto the tile floor. Mixed with soap and

The entire time she didn't say anything besides - please, thank you, and okay. Sometimes she said- it hurts there or ow.

"How bad does it look?" she whispered, finally speaking after I was done helping brush the knots out of her hair once we were out of the shower

I had a towel wrapped on my lower body and I remained shirtless. Marley already had clothing on- she was shivering like she was out in the cold all night.

I didn't mind it- in fact, I wanted to help her. I missed her all week and although I enjoyed sending owls was our only form of communication- I wanted her to be near me.

Somehow the letters made me feel closer to her. I know that is silly to say but the personal correspondence was not something I had done with anyone else.

"Nothing we can't handle," I whispered back as I attempted to lowly investigate the muscle injuries on her body. I hoped she couldn't see my expression because it was severe.