Chapter 5

Y/N washed her face and looked up at the mirror in the bathroom. Her eyes were red. She tried her best to control her tears but it...well, emotions can't be shut down like that right? When she finally came to terms with the fact that now she had no means to contact her parents or how they might be..dead, she concentrated on her image on the mirror. She muttered looking herself in the mirror, "I can't give up that easily. Mom would want me safe."

Hanging on to the little string of hope, she walked out and noticed some people looking inside the room they previously locked the thug in. "What...What happened?" she asked.

"Uh...Sangwook escaped after beating Seokhyeon down," Byeongil said.

"What was he doing there in the first place?" she asked, furrowing her brows.

The people looked at her uncomfortably as she deduced the only possible answer. They tried to kill him, of course. "You guys really thought Mr. Kim was enough to kill someone who probably has more experience in hurting people?" Everyone started blabbering in their defense at the same time when they got interrupted.

"Everyone gather in the security room. We are having a meeting," Yikyung informed and walked away.

Y/N sighed and went in the security room, observing all the people sitting with dull faces. Of course, she was one of them too. Feeling a pair of eyes on herself, she quietly went in and sat on the bed waiting for someone to speak up.

"Let's live together in one place before the rescue team comes," Yikyung said, "We are safe together."

"Where will we go?" the guy with glasses asked.

"The daycare center. It's relatively safe because it's far from the entrance. It will also be safe to sleep there instead of here," Eunhyuk said. He looked at Y/N, who was sitting quietly with her face resting on her hands and quite evidently, avoiding his eyes. Someone who never left a moment slide to look at him was now...afraid to look at him.

Afraid of what though?

"I won't allow it," Jin-ok walked in and stood before him, "No."

"Who are you to say no?" Byeongil asked.

"She's the director of daycare," Hyein answered.

"Scumbags," Jin-ok shouted, "Pieces of shit! You ignored me even when I begged! You're all shameless!"

"Your daughter probably needs someone's help too," Yikyung said, eyes full of sympathy.

"That's why I'm saying I'll go. Let me go. You can do whatever you want after I leave!" Jin-ok pleaded, looking at Eunhyuk with eyes full of tears.

He remained unwavered though, and asked the most factual questions, "What about you? Are you okay with dying? Do you have a plan? There's no internet or phone service. How can you be sure where she is?"

"Still-"

"First, you have to live. Otherwise you won't be able to find or see your daughter."

The military man, Lee Su-ung offered her some water, "Please calm down and help us. I'll be sure to help you later." Jin-ok looked at him with irritation and smacked the water bottle away, leaving the room hastily.

Everyone started leaving the room one by one. Y/N sighed and got up, still avoiding his eyes. She wanted to go away. There was something about his gaze. The way he talked felt like he knew every little thing about her. It was uncomfortable. She felt....vulnerable around him. It was one thing to have a stupid little crush on this man. But it was another thing to know that he knows exactly what she is like and it wouldn't take much time for him to find her weakness and exploit it. She hated this.