Chapter 14

A few residents geared up, ready to rescue the boy from whatever monster captured him. They had no idea whether Hyunsu was still in the same place or not. 

"Y/N you are not-"

"I am coming," she said looking into Eunhyuk's eyes, "whether you like it or not." They stared at each other for a while. She noticed him shifting his weight from one leg to another frequently and gulping. He was worried ofcourse. It was...a nice change but he was probably still not aware of his own concerns. "I am gonna be fine," she said reaching out her arm to hold his finger, "Besides, I'm not gonna let you go alone."

Eunhyuk pulled his hand away and said, "You're gonna be a burden."

"Leave me if I become one," she chuckled, "until then, how about just put your trust in me?"

"Going by the noises you were making, he's putting more than just trust in you," Jisu whispered to her. Y/N blushed a deep shade of red and looked at her. "You might wanna cover your neck better. Letting your hair lose isn't exactly doing the job."

"Oh my god, couldn't you say this earlier?" Y/N muttered to her in embarrassment, trying to spread her hair around her neck. 

"Ready?" Eunhyuk asked looking them. They just nodded their head in answer.

The team had Eunhyuk, Y/N, Jisu, Sangwook and Jaehoon. Dusik was given the job to check the cctv so he stayed behind in the control room. Everyone was holding a weapon, and Eunhyuk was the one who led them holding a torch. Y/N clutched the baseball bat she was holding as they entered the parking area. Making sure not to make much noise, the group slowly moved forward as Eunhyuk stopped by his steps.

Their eyes were fixed on a monster who had a well-toned and had a humanoid appearance. However, its head is somewhat elongated and it possessed a large third eye in the center of its forehead. Jaehoon moved forward with his sword, ready to decapitate it, but Eunhyuk stopped him.

"I think it's asleep. Let's not wake it up," he said. They walked towards the area they saw Hyunsu trapped in, and found him hanging upside down with slime covered all over him. Observing closer, the group realized the green-colored slime was in fact a monster and was slowly retracting itself towards the roof.

It was all going smoothly. They got Hyunsu and were taking him back when a loud metallic sound echoed in the area. Y/N who was behind with Jaehoon observed Jisu who clutched her stomach and panted on the ground in pain. Whatever affecting her made her drop her weapon. The sound of fast-paced footsteps made them cautious about their surrounding. Eunhyuk flashed his torch towards the area where they saw the monster last time. 

It wasn't there.

Y/N's heartbeat fastened as Jaehoon and Eunhyuk started surveying the area with their torch. Before they could realize from where the sound of the monster approaching was coming from, Eunhyuk was already hit hard and thrown towards a car. He quickly started searching for his glasses, but hearing the footsteps again he reached out for his weapon and shot an arrow towards the direction. Y/N was about to pull him out but Jaehoon said, "I'll go. Take Hyunsu and Jisu into safety."

Somehow she was able to trust this man. She was not much of a religious person, but something about him just felt comforting and trustworthy. She took Hyunsu's right hand on her shoulder and slowly hid behind a pillar. "Are you okay?" she asked turning to the only girl in the team besides herself. She hesitated and just nodded her head in answer but Y/N felt suspicious. Going by her expression, Jisu definitely looked weaker than before.

 Going by her expression, Jisu definitely looked weaker than before

They managed to escape with the help of a car which Eunhyuk drove. Y/N had a suspicion that it was probably the first time he was driving one. They expected to finally be able to breathe properly but entered to the residents pulling up a spider monster by his legs.

While the little kid, Suyeong was brave enough to light him up on fire, the residents weren't able to hold the ropes for long. They lost their grip and the monster got lose. Thankfully, Jisu picked up the kid at the right time and ran away. But Dusik who always used a wheelchair to move, was in trouble and crawling away from the monster. Y/N quickly ran towards the monster with her bat and landed a hit on the side of it's head. Jaehoon and Sangwook in the meantime moved Dusik away from it. 

Almost sighing in relief, she turned and was about to run away when she felt the sharp pain on her back. Gasping she stumbled and landed on her knees and looked back. The monster slashed it's legs on her back and blood started seeping through her clothes. This was not looking good.

She didn't want to be a burden.

Trying her best to get up, she dropped on her knees again gasping. The pain was too unbearable for her to concentrate on putting strength on her feet to move. She looked back - eyes filled with fear, thinking how it might be the end when Hyunsu shoved the monster from her holding his weapon as it pierced through its skin, giving an electric shock to it simultaneously.

She gaped at the scene before her. The monster was hitting him with it's feet constantly, piercing his body with the sharp edges of its legs. But he still held onto his weapon and didn't move until he felt the monster closing towards him. Unable to balance himself any longer, he slipped and fell back.

Eunhyuk who was busy escorting the Dusik to safety finally stepped into the lobby and found Y/N crawling towards Hyunsu who lied unmoving underneath the monster. He finally noticed the red stains on her hands and her back, tears flowing down her cheeks as she's gasping between her cries. 

He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. Eunhyuk was angry. So..so angry at her for being so stupid and reckless.

Hyunsu pushed the monster away from him and stood up, his eyes fully black and looked at Y/N. His eyes transformed to its normal state and he picked her up. Eunhyuk watched the boy looking frantically at the residents. He cleared his throat and walked to him, slowly taking her into his arms. The men watched each other, as Hyunsu moved past him and went towards his room - ready to be locked up again, but stopped realising Y/N's hand was still clutched onto his shirt.

She glanced up at Eunhyuk who finally looked at her weak body. She noticed his eyes which looked...glossier than usual and gasped in pain. "Please just...let him stay," she said before losing her consciousness, giving into her exhaustion.

He gritted his teeth and pulled her hand away from Hyunsu's shirt who was observing them closely. The boy sighed looking at her once, and then at Eunhyuk almost with eyes full of...irritation and turned to head towards his room.

"Hyunsu," Jieun called him stopping him by his steps, "sorry. We made things difficult for you."

Hyunsu turned to look at the residents.

"This time we will let you choose," Eunhyuk said, eyes fixed on Y/N. His eyes still displayed some anger. Yes, Y/N acted stupid and it was maddening. 

But most of all he was pissed at himself.