Chapter 22

"We won't be here by then. Because I'm gonna leave with you," Hyunsu said. All the residents gathered in the lobby and found Sangwook and Yuri on the ground, gasping for air. The new guy, Uimyeong pushed them harshly when they were trying to leave. As expected, Hyunsu stepped forward to ask him about the situation. When Uimyeong told that they might inform the military if they left, Hyunsu answered with what was least expected. He wanted to leave. 

It wouldn't be a surprise since he felt like an outsider as long as he was living with them. He took the car keys from Uimyeong and put it on Sangwook's hands. Y/N clutched her hands and moved closer to Eunhyuk, whispering, "Where are the guns?"

Eunhyuk looked at her as she looked back at him, fear evident in her eyes, "If he hit them for leaving knowing Yuri's problem, then he's already someone we should be wary of."

Eunhyuk tried to calm her down, "Hyunsu would-"

"-do nothing," she said, "We all have noticed the change in him. We can't trust him any longer." Eunhyuk was surprised to see her to be the first one to turn her back. All along, it was always him setting up boundaries. But when he finally decided to trust everyone, Y/N was having second thoughts. She was about to tell him to go but hearing gunshots, they snapped their heads towards the exit.

Uimyeong didn't let them leave. Halfway down the road, he used his gun to shoot them. Yuri got the hits since Sangwook was carrying her on his back. Hyunsu shouted and tried to stop him but Uimyeong threw him across the room. Reloading his gun, he started shooting the residents as everyone tried to take cover.

Byeongil got shot too.

Y/N started feeling nauseous at the sight. Yikyung shot him a couple to times but it was of no use. Guns were not enough to kill him. "No one's leaving," he said.

"Wanna hear something funny? Let me tell you the truth," Uimyeong grabbed Hyunsu by the neck and sliced his arm through his body, "You didn't kill anyone. Because that woman was me." He then threw him away, a mirror breaking and falling over him.

But the nightmare was yet to come.

Hyunsu, who was struggling to get up from under the weight of the mirror over him, was changing. Physically.

When Hyunsu woke up with tears streaming down his eyes, the first thing he said after seeing Dusik's dead body was, "Who is he? Why am I crying? My heart

When Hyunsu woke up with tears streaming down his eyes, the first thing he said after seeing Dusik's dead body was, "Who is he? Why am I crying? My heart...is breaking." He couldn't remember any of it - how his arms transformed into a wing-like bones and he attacked Uimyeong and made him turn into a goo. He lost all sanity, when Dusik appeared and hugged Hyunsu, calming him down and making him turn human again.

Y/N quietly sat looking at Byeongil's dead body and looked up at Eunhyuk who held his hands out towards her. Pulling herself up, she walked and sat down with him in the control room.

"What are we going to do with him now?" she asked, "Both of us had the thought that he's dangerous now, didn't we?"

"I did when he transformed but he looks good now. There's no reason for us to single him out again," he said and held her hands tightly, "And...I think you should abort the baby."