Chapter 18

"I thought it was just her husband but her whole life is awful," Hyein said.

Everyone gathered in the nursery room and sat quietly, quite bummed out after Seon-young revealed during dinner that she had symptoms for a while and wished to go outside to not endanger them. But the residents decided otherwise and chose to let her stay locked up in the room where Hyunsu used to stay in. Needless to say, to watch another one of the resident who was nice to literally everyone go into isolation turned their mood sour. 

As they sat together, Y/N sighed thinking of how one good thing was followed by another one. Jisu was recovering and they talked for a bit. She felt happy to see her doing fine. Y/N wanted to tell her about Jaehoon and how obvious he was about his feelings but that was not her business. He would probably tell her when he feels like it's a right time. Rubbing her eyes, she was about to go out when Jin-Ok came with a jar and placed it on the table. "I agree with Byeongil. We could use a drink today," she said opening it.

Y/N stared at the dark red liquid and back at everyone's faces. 

"Ooh, what is this? Korean wine? Please tell me it's Korean wine," Byeongil said, staring at it eagerly.

Gil-Seop smelled it and said, "It's atleast four years old."

Eunyu quickly dropped down and smelled it. "Yuri left earlier. Should we finish it before Eunhyuk comes?" she said and turned to Y/N, "You're not gonna be a tattletale and tell it to my brother, right sister-in-law?"

A blush covered her face and she stuttered, "Oh I will if you keep talking like that."

"Come on, everyone knows you two have a thing going on. No need to be shy about it," Hyein giggled and nudged her.

"I'm not even gonna ask how," Y/N sighed and moved closer to the table. Jisu earlier gave a hint of how she knew, and it was embarrassing.

Gil-Seop looked up at the door and his face went down seeing a familiar figure. "Oh, look who it is," he said.

Eunhyuk looked a bit disappointed at everyone as his eyes went and fixed on Y/N's face. She smiled and placed her hands on her face, squinting her eyes she pleaded in a small voice, "Please?"

He gulped and looked around the room, then cleared his throat, "Just don't forget your duties. And... you don't drink much. We have work to do." He left the room as whistles filled the room. Y/N felt a bubbly feeling as she stared at the jar, unable to look at anyone in the room. Oh, she felt shy and awkward. She didn't know how good it felt to have someone you love to love you back. To be the only person who is special in a sense that no one else was. 

"Sure its 'work' that you guys have to do," Eunyu rolled her eyes, "Well gotta thank you now that he'll be less focused on me."

"Oh now we'll both be focused on you."

"....can you old people just leave me alone?"

"Don't drink since you're so young Eunyu," Y/N teased her.

"Oh shut up!"

They got a plastic cup and filled some for themselves. A few hours has passed since they started drinking. Gil-Seop was currently telling his story in the dark, hoping to scare everyone. Taking a sip, Y/N rested her back on the wall when she felt someone slide down to sit beside her.

"Hey, you can't sit beside her," Eunyu said.

Jaehwan sneered, "I've no interest in someone with such a common face."

"Really? Is that why you were so googly-eyed and tagged along whenever she went to organize the supplies?" Hyein said.

Y/N started feeling a bit uncomfortable and shifted away from the guy. She felt a bit tipsy and decided it was better to give the rest to Hyein. As she passed the glass to her, Eunyu scoffed, "Just so you know, Eunhyuk is possessive. He won't tolerate it."