V

SEVS POV

I walk into the cafeteria, setting my tray on the table. I quickly scan for Keegan. There he is. He is sitting on Russo's lap, his face bruised and cold looking. His once emotional eyes are now emotionless. "Why are you looking at Russo's boy?" Steven wonders, taking a bite of his cornbread.

"I don't know man..." I whisper, taking a sip of my juice box. "They were back at it again lastnight... but... Russo hit him." Steve stops chewing and looks at Keegan, his eyes widening. He slowly chews and then swallows, making eye contact with me.

"Holy shit..." Steven exclaims, looking over his shoulder again. "He looks so bad." He observes. I nod my head, taking a bite of my own cornbread. Prison food is wack, but I live for the cornbread.

"Are you trying to fucking embarrass me!?" I quickly look over and see Russo standing over Keegan, Keegan backed up against the wall, tears threatening to fall down his face. The guards rush over when Russo hits him again, and this time they take a fighting back Russo, probably to isolation. Keegan stands up on his own, ignoring the stares of the other men and sitting back in his spot. The clamouring calms down, but my heart still beats heavy for him. He doesn't deserve to be treated like shit.

"I should talk to him." I state, taking a bite of my meatloaf.

"He's marked, he chose that life, Sev. Just gotta let it be. Unless... you want to be gang banged to death." I shake my head and stand up, grabbing my tray and walking over to the table that was once filled with Russo's men, to just Keegan sitting at the table.

He stops chewing at looks at me, and quietly swallows his food. "Are you okay? You look pretty rough." I comment, taking a bite out of my apple. He shrugs his shoulders and take a huge bite out of the meatloaf. "Has Russo always hit you?" I question, and he quickly nods his head no. He doesn't use his words very much... It's annoying.

"It's not like you can do anything about it..." He finally says something but it is barely a fucking whisper. "Russo practically owns the warden." He states, and that is so fucking true.