XV

KEEGANS POV

"What do you know about Russo?" My heart beats faster and my eyes widen at the sight of the boy who beat me up over Javier... his face completely bruised, both his eyes swollen and his face cut open in different places. He sets down his tray, stabbing his fork into the rice. "My name is Kaidence." He nods his head at me. I clear my throat, looking down at my apple and then deciding to take a bite. "I just wanna know the difference between you and I... so what did he tell you?" He looks at me, crossing his arms and leaning them against the table.

"Uh..." I wipe my mouth because of the apple juice, should I really tell him? Why does he wanna know? Should he really be comparing me to him? I itch my nose, itching the back of my neck. "He told me his name, how he got in here... his family history... I don't know. Things like that." I shrug my shoulders, I shouldn't gossip about Javier. Knowing my luck, it'd end badly. He nods his head and bites into his cornbread.

"And you guys had sex, right?" He mumbles slowly, not looking at me but at his rice. I nod my head, deciding not to say anything. He sighs heavily, also nodding his head. "Russo... he only used me for sex and I grew attached to him. The difference between you and I, is that he actually opened up to you and he never talked to me." He concludes, looking at me in my eyes. "How did you captivate a man like him?" He whispers, tears brimming his eyelids. I close my eyes, looking down.

"I-I..." I hear the panic in his voice, I look behind me and see Javier standing behind me, giving Kaidence a death glare.

"Hey... it's okay. He didn't say or do anything." I whisper, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly.

"Don't lie to me right now, Keegan." He doesn't even bother looking at me, but still at a freighted Kaidence.

I scream when Javier jumps on Kaidence, throwing him to the ground and toppling him, my eyes widen when Javier has his hands wrapped around his throat. "Russo!" I scream, trying to pry him off but he doesn't budge. Down below I can hear Kaidence trying to talk but it just comes out in breathless whimpers.

The room gasps when I take my fist, throwing a punch right on Javiers cheek- the suddenness causes him to fly off Kaidence, sending him on his side. Russo then stands up himself, looking at me with what I call his crazy eyes. Crazy eyes, the look he gave someone before punching them out relentlessly. The look he gave me when he first hit me. "Stop it..." I whisper, when he starts walking towards me. He doesn't. "J-Javier..." I stutter, my eyes widening looking at his raised fist.

"That's enough!" A warden comes and tackles Javier to the floor, without giving him a chance to talk his way out of it.