Planning

8 years later

"Sweetie we have to go or we'll be late,"

"Ok I'm coming."

Currently we are headed to see our wedding planner for the first time. I have heard such good things about her, she's one of the best in California. Yes I moved to California to go to UCLA. That's actually were I first met my future husband.

Luke. My fiancé. I can't believe it actually happened. It seems like it was just yesterday we met in a small, peaceful cafe.

That day was terrible. I was just sitting on the couch reading a book when some guy came and spilled his coffee on my shoes. I was so mad we actually argued for quite a bit and I had wished I'd never see him ever again. The next day he turned up in my class and lucky me, he had turned out to be my lab partner.

From then on things went how they went. About 2 months later we started dating, and it had been a roller coaster to say the least. In the very least here we are now, engaged and as happy as one can be.

"Babe come on we will be late if you keep staring into space like that,"

"Ok calm down I'm coming."

I checked my reflection to make sure I was ok. Dark wash skinny jeans with a oversized white tee and a red and blue flannel over it. I also of course had on my Bailey bow boot uggs. I guess this will have to do since my fiancé has been rushing me out this whole morning. I swear even after 1 year of living together he still doesn't understand the importance of us girls outfits.

"So babe what day do you want to have the wedding?"

The one question everybody had been asking me. I know usually the bride would have the date in like a week, but this was hard. I wanted a date where everybody could come, everybody being his and I main family. It was hard trying to please both families, but there pissing me off because they keep asking about the date when obviously I don't have one.

" I don't know honey that's why we are going to see our wedding planner."

"Ok just asking."

He knows I don't know but he keeps pestering me about this. If he wants a damn date so bad why doesn't he make one up. Really starting to piss me off.

"Ok so I told summer and Katelyn to meet us there."

"Ok so I'll be there for like an hour then yall can go do y'all's own thing right?"

"Yep we are gonna look for dresses today"

I was so excited to look at dresses. Summer is of course my maid of honor, yes we are still best friends, we were all through college. My other bridesmaid was Katelyn, we both actually met her in our class on the first year of college. At first she was really shy and quiet, but once you got past the shy girl she was one of the funniest and craziest girls ever.

"Babe were her,"

"Ok I will text Katelyn and summer to see where they are at."

Right when I said that a car pulled up and they exited the car so fast I'm surprised they didn't get whiplash.

"Omg cat it's finally here we are finally planning for the big day,"

"Yes are you excited."

"Yes I'm so excited to get this started even though it still feels too early,"

"Non sense me and Kate are already talking about your bachelorette party."

Of course they would I'm kind of scared as to what they are planning. Those too apart are scary imagine how they are together. I am definitely not inviting my mom.

"Ok ladies lets head on in we have kept her waiting long enough,"

"Sweetie we are only 5 minutes late, stop being such a girl."

With that we all go in. We were meeting the best wedding planner in california. Erika lease. She was amazing, we looked at her other party's, my mind was literally blown away. She was a petite women, but had so much energy and happiness surrounding her.

"Hi how may I help you,"

"We are here to see Erika I'm caterina,"

"Ah yes, you can go right in she should be there in a minute."

When we are walking to her office I finally take in the place. Its beautiful, no magnificent. There were glass windows everywhere to see the beautiful black just down the shore. There were many paintings all on the ceiling. The place had a calming yet classy feeling to it, I was already in love with the place. When we entered the office it was just as beautiful. Of course windows all over but there not asu h painting in here. There was a comfy looking sectional on the wall in the corner. Her desk was right in the middle. We had no idea where to sit so we all sat on the sofa.

"Hello who here is the bride,"

"That would be me, call me cat,"

"Ok cat I would like to speak with you alone for a few minutes,"

"Umm ok I'll see you guys in a minute."

"So cat what exactly are you looking for at your wedding,"

"Well I don't really know, I do want it at the beach though,"

"Hmm ok do you know your colors,"

"I was thinking either blue and purple or a dark and deep red with white,"

"Very interesting do you know the date,"

"No I was hopping you could help me with that, I can't seem to think of the perfect date,"

"Well since you want it at the beach I suggest May or June. Do either sound good?"

"I think may sounds good maybe on a saturday,"

"Ok let me check."

While she was looking I was checking if there was anything special in May.

Birthdays. No.

Anniversaries. No.

Funerals. Hopefully no.

Yep everything is free at the moment.

"Ok nothing is happening on the 14th or the 28th so either is good."

"Ok the 28th actually sounds perfect,"

"Great I will call up some people who one parts of the beach and I will call you with more info."

"Thank you so much is there anything else?"

"Yes I need you to sign this contract and fill out everything you know for sure about the wedding."

"Ok I guess I will see you tomorrow with the papers."

"Bye deer I hope you have a wonderful day."

Once I walked out of her office it suddenly hit me like a brick.

I am actually getting married.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hi 😊 hope you enjoyed