Stultophobia - Fear of Stupid People

"This is a lot for one chap dude" -Me after creating the beat sheet for this chapter.

Buckle you seat belts and pull up your boot straps boys, girls, and non-binary folk. You'll want to set aside at least an hour to read this chapter that really should've been split into two.

...

"Hey! Kageyama, right? That was an amazing match, your stock will definitely be going up."

"Wai—"

"Well his moves aren't that flashy, so it'll be hard to sell any merchandise."

"I'm sorry wh—"

"Nonsense! The tournament hasn't started, there's still time to see what he can do."

'What?'

Ritsu had decided to spend his lunch at the many food stalls set up in front of the school rather than at the cafeteria. He wanted to get some time away from everyone and take in some fresh, non-competitive air.

He had completely forgotten about how UA's Management students were in charge of the stalls, just like how they were with the food being sold inside the stadium. He'd actually forgotten about the Management Department as a whole. A fatal error on his behalf.

Three Management students—one with round glasses and a tablet in his hands, another with red swirls on his cheeks, and the last with blonde hair stacked on his head like a well pampered version of Teruki's hair when he first met him—surrounded Ritsu. As in, they stood on all sides of him, blocking him from escape and making it very hard for him to eat his kebab.

They hurled questions at him and loudly analyzed his...everything, without care for his own numerous questions.

"He is a bit plain looking though, it'll be hard for agencies to market him," the one with blonde hair and long eyelashes said. "But less plain than that Midoriya guy."

'How is a Japanese boy with freckles, curly green hair, and green eyes plain?'

"Kageyama does glow..." The one with the glasses looked up from his tablet and to Ritsu. "You glow blue, correct?"

"Yea—" Wait. He didn't have to answer these guys! Ritsu set his sights toward the freshman entrance. "Actually, I have to go. It was nice talking with you...kinda, not really."

Ritsu pushed squeezed between the one with glasses and the one with swirls—the smaller of the three—and walked (read: ran) toward the stadium and into the hallway that wrapped around it.

He stopped to lean against the wall once he got inside and let himself breathe. The work ethic of the Management students was impressive but they simply had no tact. Pushing himself up, he finished the kebab but kept his mask off.

He didn't want to head to the cafeteria; it would be far too noisy for him to even think. So he instead walked along the empty hallways. Maybe walking would make his body think that everything was fine. That way, he'd be less prepared for his fight and lose.

Walking through the hallway, he already felt relaxed. It wrapped around the stadium, so an entrance popped up every now and again that led to the sunny arena; he mostly ignored them. Thoughts of his upcoming fight filled his head as he absentmindedly threw the kebab stick into a trash bin.