seis.

chapter six

as per usual, jeongguk got ready. he got plans with jimin, hoseok, and sejong for today. they've decided to spend their free time at the hospital's cafeteria since it's been so long when they last did it. and jimin is their new friend, it's a good thing to hang out with them.

"how's jeju, sejong?" jimin asked, biting into his sandwich. hoseok was about to ask the same question too.

"hmm, boring. i don't know everyone there except an old friend of mine. do you remember kang dong joo?"

"oh, you know him too? he's like all the fellow's senior here," jeongguk told them, stuffing his mouth with salad.

jimin shrugged and continued eating. "how about you? how's life being a detect-"

"ah, about being a psychologist? tough, but it's fun whenever i treat my patients." jimin cuts him off with a confusing smile plastered in his face, sejong nodding.

"how about you, jeongguk-ssi? i heard you stopped for a year, eh?"

a soft laugh left the said boy's mouth. "yes. it's been hella crazy after what happened. i decided to take a rest with my boyfriend."

sejong's brows met, curling his lips. "is taehyung the one you're talking about? i haven't heard of him after what happened the year you took a rest."

"of course. don't worry, he's alive and well. he's sleeping all the time though, that lazy-ass." they all laughed, which is the opposite to the other one.

jimin was spaced out after he went through the case he'll be working on. he's hoping that it'll be a simple one to work on. he saw how many detectives and investigators were killed while fixing that one. none of them could tell who the culprit is.

"anyways, i still have an appointment with jim. both of you talk more and we'll be back." jeongguk stood up, indicating the small guy to follow him back to the office. the two bid their farewell and continued ranting to each other.

"i forgot to tell you, jimin. it'll be in two days," he said, not facing jimin. he felt the confusion at his back, so he twirled around lightly. "i mean, we'll hang out at home in two days."

he perched into his seat. jimin grabbed the chair and leaned there. jeongguk checked all the records starting the day they started seeing each other for the therapy. as he did that, jimin took his chance to inspect his psychologist. he narrowed his eyes, examining every detail in his face in an outgoing way.

"dr. jeon, may i ask you a question?"

"you already did." jeongguk laughed secretly but nodded anyway.

"you mentioned that you took a rest for a year after the incident, right?"

he stopped what he's doing, lifting his peers to jimin who sat comfortably on his seat. the boy seems curious about what happened because of the way he waited for him to answer with an eyebrow-raising and one leg on top of the other is seeking the reply.

jeongguk smiled at him politely. "yes, you're right. what about it?"

some faint, weird-foul smell lingered around jimin's nostrils when he moved his chair closer but shook it away.

"it's just-"

a phone call interfered with both males, and it was coming from jeongguk. his eyes glimmered when he saw who is calling. he did not hesitate to stand up but looked at jimin for a second.

"i'll just take this call real quick." he was about to step out when jimin stood up, his dark pupils darting over him.

"who's the one calling, dr. jeon?"

jeongguk looked at him, awkwardly smiling at him. seconds turned to minutes, 'till the phone call dropped. he's in a halt, an uncomfortable feeling filling him.

"oh, haha. why do you ask?" he forced to laugh, just to lighten up the situation.

"i just wanted to ask who, i have to go somewhere quick after so the call may cause a lot of time to end." jimin answered, crossing his arm over his chest.

the doctor loosened his hold to the doorknob, hiding his phone in his gown's pocket. without even a second, the gadget rang again. he pulled it out and stared at jimin.

"it's my boyfriend, kim taehyung," he said and left the room.