Chapter 7

"No, no, no" I muttered to myself in shock.

"You good?" Walker asked.

"Yeah I just gotta go uhh water my uh turtle!" I blurted out.

"You have a turtle!?" Walker called out as I walked away. I pretended I couldn't hear him and just kept walking.

As I was walking I felt someone pull me back by the wrist. I looked up and saw someone I swore I would never talk to again. It was Him, my toxic abusive cheating ex, also known as Liam. He pulled me back and snaked his disgusting arms around my waist.

"Let. Me. Go" I managed to squeak out, while trying to squirm out of his tight grasp.

"Admit it Everitt, you still love me." He sang.

"Heck no, how could I ever love you" I yelled.

"Aww angels, to afraid to use a cuss word, don't worry babe, you'll grow up one day." He teased.

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT" I yelled pushing myself off of him.

He seemed to see something behind me and quickly ran away. I looked back to see what it was.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" A concerned Walker asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured him.

Without saying anything he pulled me into a warm tight hug. It felt amazing but I pulled away. I saw Liam leaning against a tree in the distance watching us. Suddenly an amazing idea entered my mind. What if, I made him think me and Walker were a thing.

"Just trust me on this" I said before angling my lips to make it look like we were kissing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Liam harshly kick the tree and leave. Poor tree. I pulled away and smirked in pleasure.

"What was that for?" Walker asked in sheer confusion.

"Sorry I just- never-mind." I said looking at the ground and then up at him. I was not in the right headspace to tell him what was going on.

"Hey, I just want you to know that I'm here for you, and if he ever tries that again he'll get a piece of my mind." He said squeezing my hand in his.

"Thanks Walker." I said squeezing his hand back.

We stared into eachother's eyes for what felt like an eternity before slowly leaning in. We were centimeters away before we were yet again interrupted.

"Hey guys do you wanna come to my place?" Gavin interrupted.

We quickly pulled away before answering.

"Sure" Walker said a little frustrated.

Author's note: Sorry this is so short lol