fighting 2 | s.m

*2 years later*

I have been working at Grey Sloan Memorial for 2 years. I broke off all the contact with Steve and the other guys, the only one I am still talking to is Junior, because he is my best friend. He told me that Steve was devastated and couldn't concentrate on work for a long time. If I am being honest I do miss him too. I don't know why I broke up with him, because I think we could've solved this problem, but I was too angry at him to talk about it.

*8AM*
I've already been working for about two hours taking care of my post operation patients and giving instructions to my attendings. Suddenly I get paged "911 chiefs office". I run up to the chiefs office and knock on the door. I hear a come inside and enter his room. "Yes sir, what do you need?" I ask as I close the door and smile at him. "Tripler Army Medical Center has a high-ranking army with a difficult heart valve disinsufficiency, that's why he needs a heart valve transplantation. They do have a cardio chief, but he is not as good as you." he explains quickly and I look at him shook.

When I say yes, I have to go back to Hawaii and I don't know if I am ready for that. "Does he have any symptoms?" I ask thinking about my Ohana I left behind. "recurrent breathing difficulties, shortness of breath and abnormal heart rhythm. Its bad Dr. Brown, they need their Cardio god back". I Inhalt sharply as soon as I hear this name. Five0 always called me that. "How do you know about that name?" I ask him curiously. "The patient told the chief, Dr. Kekoa, about a cardio god, his best friends son told him about. The chief immediately knew who he was talking about and called me." he answers honestly. "Whats the patients name?" I ask because I don't know who he is talking about. "Commander Jo White" he answers. I look at him weirdly because I don't know this man and think about it. "When is my flight?" I ask him, "In an hour" he answers. I nod and ready to leave his office. "You can go home and pack some clothes. I will see you in two weeks. I know Hawaii is your home, so I give you some free time" he smiles and I nosed thanking him.

*your outfit for the flight*

*7PM, Hawaii*

I arrive at Honolulu International and decided to call Junior to come pick me up.
"Junior Reigns?" he answers and I smile. "Junes? Its me, Y/N" I answer. "Hey bestie. Its great to hear your voice.", "I actually called because I need you to pick me up." I say and he sighs. "You know that I am in Hawaii and you are in Seattle. How am I supposed to pick you up? Fly over the Pacific? You are funny" he jokes and laughs at me. "I am not in Seattle. Im at Honolulu International." I state nervously. "WHAT?? AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME ABOUT IT?" he yells and I laugh. "Can you pick me up now?" , "Oh uhm yeah I am on my way" I hang up and wait for 10 minutes before I see Juniors car driving up.

He jumps out of his car and gives me a tight hug. "I missed you bestie." he whispers and we pull away from the hug. " I missed you too Junes. Its so nice to see you" I say and we get in his car.

*In juniors car*
"I booked a hotel room at Hilton for two weeks. Can you drive me there, please" I ask and he nods, "Of course". We talk a bit about everything and I tell him about the big operation I will perform tomorrow. "Did you just say Commander Jo White?"he asked shook. "Yes why? Do you know him?" I ask surprised. "He was the best friend of John McGarrett, Steves father" he says and I look at him with a shocked expression. "No that can't be true. I will operate on Steves second father figure? I will see him in the hospital right? He is there with Jo?" I say hyperventilating.

„Girl hey calm down. You will be fine okay. I will be there too. I will support you. Jo needs the best cardio surgeon and that is you. You are the best" he says calmly. I nod and start calming down again. We arrive at Hilton and I get out of the car. I take my suitcase out the trunk and say "The operation is tomorrow morning at 9AM. I will visit him and talk to him about the operation at 8AM. I will see you there. Bye and thank you again.". "I will see you and no problem." he answers and leaves.

I get inside my hotel room and start looking at Commander Whites patient file. I start doing some research about the operation and check all the important things, like blood group of the donor.

Soon I decided to sleep because I have to get up early tomorrow morning. I am a bit worried about tomorrow because I will see Steve again and I think all my feelings will come back.