Chapter 9

Coles Point Of View

I slowly lowered my body onto the bulls back. All I could think about was the acident and how this part right here could have saved me. If I would have listened to my buddy Chase and tightened my bull rope there could have been a chance I would have never been in the accident or not that bad.

"Cole you good?" Asked the guy helping me down.

"Fine." I gritted through my teeth. I wanted this ride to be done with.

"Are you sure? You don't look like it." He said.

"I'm fine." I said and tightened the rope, the bull jumped slightly, and I could feel my body tense up.

Once I got set up I took a nice long breath and nodded. The gate shot open and the bull went with it. I keep my legs going with the bull and kept my back straight. I moved my hips and went with the bull.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cole can you hear me. i'm trying to help you but you have to respond.

Where am I? What happened.

You were in a accident. I need you to-

I can't feel my legs. Why can't I feel my legs!?

Cole you need to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ride em' Cole!" I looked to my left and seen Wayon cheering me on.

Snap out of it! I thought. 6.26 seconds. I can do this. The bull turned right, and I loved right. It's all coming back! I started spuring the bull to get him to buck some more. I moved my hips and felt free again.

"Eight Seconds. The world champ might be coming back!" The announcer yelled.

I bailed and stood up. I've never felt more proud of myself than now. "YES!" I yelled out. I was so happy.

*  *  *  *  *

After  spending a minute with some fans and friends I decied to go find Rain. There she is, bull vest, helmet and bull rope in one hand and the other empty, waiting for my hand. "Boo" I said as I came up behind her and grabbed her.

"You butt! I'm not supposed to be scared before I get on the bull!" She said, I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. "You should smile like that more. It would make you seem nicer to the people that don't know you." She said. I tried my hardest to stop smiling.

"Well maybe I like it that way." I couldn't help it. I was so happy. I had made history in my head. I promised myself I would never do it again but here I am.

"Whatever." She said with a smile. she looked at something in the distance and tried to see but it was almost like she wouldnt let me.

"Well are you ready for your ride?" I asked trying to get her to tell me.

"Yeah. Ready to beat you." She said with a grin.

"Right. I'd like to see you beat the legend." I said and let go of her to flex.

"Well I beat you the past few years. Because someone didn't compete" She said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, when will I be able to ride again?" I asked my nurse who just so happened to be my aunt.

"I don't think you ever will Cole. You just started walking. If a bull with a strong enough force where to throw you, you would be paralyzed for life." She said.

"Yeah? Then how in the world am I supposed to get money huh? That's where I get my money? I cant just give up my job no not just a job, a family and career for something that might not even be real?" I said. does she seriously think i'm going to stop riding? That's bull.

"Cole look what just happend! You could have died, in fact you chance to live where only 20%! Do you seriously want to give your life up just to go and ride bulls?"

"Your dang right I do! I don't want to settle down! I want to live my life the fullest!" I yelled back.

"Cole, this injury and your past injuries make your body somewhat weaker than others. You know i'm only trying to help you."

"Yeah PAST! PAST! Injuries!" I could feel my body getting madder and madder.

"What do you want! Do you want to seriously give up your life, possible become a drunk like your father and then what huh? Can you go rodeo and ride your dang bulls to make you feel better? Because at that point I don't think you would be able to."

"That's- You know what whatever, i'll be fine." How dare she bring that up. does she seriously think i'll become that?

"Cole wait that's not what I meant. Cole!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, just wow." I said and grabbed her hand. All I could think of for a second was after I was able to walk again and the argument I had with my aunt. "Well, I'll walk you to your bull then go cheer you on." I said and smiled even wider at her.

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." She said. Something felt weird. I would have thought she would have said yes, but I guess not.

"Okay." I said and walked up to Waylon as I let go of her hand.

*Rains ride*

"Well folks I hate to say this but we only have one ride left, Rain Stilinski, riding Bulldozer!" The crowed cheered as they heard the name but all I could do was stare in horror.

No, no, no, anyone but her anyone.

The gait flung open. It was almost like she forgot how to ride. she only had 2 seconds and I noticed right then she blacked out.

"Waylon. She blacked out." I said.

"Crap!" He yelled

"Look at her go folks she's almost to eight!" The annowner yelled

"RAIN! Get her off that Bull!" I yelled as me and Waylon jumped into the arena. Her body fell of the bull after the buzzer went off.

"You get her i'll get the bull!" Waylon said as I stared running.

"Cole?" She asked as I started shaking her.

"Hey i'm right here." I said. I noticed there was some blood on her shirt, I lifted up her sleeve and sure enough she had a nice little injury where the steer had got her.

"Did I make it to 8?" She asked and tried to get up.

"That's what you care about? If you made it to 8?" I asked. How could she think of that?

"Yes I care." She said as she started standing up.

"Don't stand!" I demanded.

"I'm fine." She said and stood.

"Well fine then." I said.