1. Back in town

☆PIEDMONT, CALIFORNIA☆
☆6 YRS LATER☆
•MABEL'S POV•

My fists burned, my head was pumping hard, my whole body ached and my mind was fuzzy. I was a mess, I knew it, but I really didn't care much at all, so I just let it be.

I struggled with my keys and the door, trying to make my way home as silent as possible, knowing my parents were in and it was by now four in the morning, but the keys weren't cooperating and my humor wasn't having it today, not after being in a fight with the "popular girl" in high school. That bitch had drained my whole mood and the keys were now making it even worse.

In the end, someone opened the door from the inside for me and I had to face what I was hoping I wouldn't have to. My parents were looking at me with the I-am-very-upset look that I knew by heart by now. It was an everyday thing these days.

-Mabel-my father started and for the tone in his voice I knew this was going to be a long-ass lecture-You have been giving us problems every day for the past six years, you have to change your attitude, you are not a little girl anymore.

And here we go again...

-Your mother and I have been talking and we've decided that we cannot with you, so you are going back with your brother to Gravity Falls and you will stay there for the rest of the summer.

Wait, what?

-What?! You are sending me away because you don't stand me?! What kind of parents are you?

-I'm sorry Mabel but your attitude is just unacceptable and if you haven't change it when you get back here then I don't know what we're going to do with you.

-Pack your things, tomorrow morning you'll go back to Oregon, with your brother. The bus leaves the North station by noon, make sure to be ready by then.

That was the last thing my mother said before I left the room in a rush, heading to my room.

I slammed close the door and paced all around my room. This couldn't be happening. Why? Why was destiny so obsessed with making me suffer?! Didn't have I had enough?!

I hated it here, I hated school, I hated everyone in this fucking world. I wish I could just go back to how it was before that summer, I wish I've never been to Gravity Falls. But now I had to go back. Goddamit, that was the last thing I wanted in the world.

Why did the universe hate me so much?!

Ugh, this couldn't be happening, I thought I'd never had to see Mason's face ever again. I thought that it would just be a memory of the past, but now I had to go back? Why...?

I sat on my bed and hold my head in my hands, I needed to think.

What was I going to do? I couldn't go away or anything, my car was getting repaired and no matter how much I wanted, I had no other option. EVEN THOUGH I'D MUCH RATHER DIE.

Okay, so this was it. I had no other option. I was going to Gravity Falls, okay, but my attitude was not going to change no matter what happened. I was not going to give that satisfaction to the persons that dared to call themselves parents and yet have the courage to send me away only to get rid of me. No, that was not gonna happen.

I made my way to my closet and got a sports bag I had laying on the mess of my room. I grabbed some clothes, all dark and covering, I didn't want unwanted attention. I put them inside the bag, grabbed some other things, and closed the now full bag.

I let it lay on one side of the bed while I lied in bed, looking to the ceiling. My life was a freaking mess, I was a mess. Ever since I got back from Gravity Falls my life has gone downhill, ending up being a total disaster. I look back to these past six years and there's nothing, not even one single thing that had made my life worth living.