2. Old friends

LMAO, welcome back. 

I got to the shack in one hour and a bit more of rushing and wandering through the maze that formed the forest, hoping that when I got back to the shack, Stan would be still sleeping but my prayers were ignored yet again. 

Not a single second had passed after I, as quiet as I could, opened the back door when grunkle Stan came up to me with a worried expression tainted on his face. I could already hear the lecture that was going to fall over me. 

–Mabel–here we go–where have you been?! You had us worried! And what happened to your face?!

–I had who worried? –I swear I wasn't planning on saying that, I mean, I wasn't planning on saying anything at all, but the words just spilled out of my mouth like poison, and when I realized it the damage was already done. 

–Who? Pumpkin, we all were!–he sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose– Look, I know you are going through a difficult period of your life, that teen life isn't easy, but we've all gone through that phase, we understand you, talk to us.

Oh no, here it comes again, the poison

–You do?–I asked sarcastically–I don't think you do. I appreciate your acting skills but you don't have to pretend you care for me anymore, because I'm not a kid, okay, so just leave me alone.

He looked at me in disbelief, like he didn't quite understand the meaning of my words, but I didn't let him process the information. I turned in my heels and went past him.

–Mabel! Wait!–Mason called from the kitchen.

Oh my god! What?! What the hell does he want?!

I turned my head to his side and raised a brow in a signal that I was listening.

–Do you want to do a syrup race? Like when we were little.

What? How old is he? Three years old?

I frowned, fed up with his attitude, and continued to walk away. I know he was just tryna lighten the mood, but God, I can't with him. 

I ended up in the store, where I found Soos and... What was her name again? She had a face that said "Carmen" but I knew that wasn't her name. What was it? I think it had something to do with music. What was it? Armony? No... Oh, right, Melody, her name was Melody.

Jeez, why did I bother remembering her name anyway? Not like I cared. I don't know why I did it. So I walked away again ignoring Soos trying to make a conversation with me. I wasn't in the mood for a conversation. I kind of felt bad for him, he didn't hurt me in any way, and he wasn't responsible for my mood, but it was the best for him because if I talked with him there was a possibility that I might end up saying things that are hurtful and not true. the poison from before, so, in fact, I was making him a favor. 

I went outside, and immediately got blind thanks to the sun, then remember I didn't have anything to do there either and retraced my steps, which was piteous but I had to get somehow back to the bedroom and I was bad at climbing walls. Believe me, I had tried it before.

I tried not to make it look like I had make a mistake, and now I was coming back regretful because that was not the cause, I was just going back to the room, nothing else.

Grunkle Stan was still by the door, looking at the nothingness and I wondered if I broke him, but I just kept walking, hurriedly if anything. I did not want to confront my thoughts about hurting the only people that ever cared for me if they did care before. 

When I got to the bedroom I closed the door and sighed. It was only whatever time so early in the morning and I was already exhausted. How could this be possible? I had been feeling this way a few times these past months and it was getting harder each day that passed to get out of bed or even open my eyes. I just felt like sleeping all day long. Yep, that sounded like a good plan.