4. I'm watching you

★Bill Cipher's POV★

I must admit I had not expected things to go this way.

I had a plan, one that would get me out of my stone prison cell and would led me to the destruction of this reality, all of it, causing pain and suffering along the way. I'd thrive out of the misery shed from my victims and I'd cause a bloodbath out of the scarlet blood of one family in particular, the Pines family.

I had been trapped in that cold, solitary confinement for six long years, with the only company of my thoughts, plotting a vendetta in my head, arranging all the details of it, making it the most perfect and organized plan I've ever made. Once I was free I would continue what I started, only this time I would do it right, getting rid of the Pines family as a first step in my graceful revenge.

I still had a bit of magic to cast some illusions, I was gaining more and more energy as time passed and even though it was not enough to create another weirdmaggedon, it was enough to start my revenge. I had enough power to lure someone into this part of the forest and trick them into making a deal with me. However, that had not been necessary.

So I will admit that, though I had not planned this, this was better than anything I could have ever planned.

Oh so much better...

That kid, all by herself, had stumbled upon my statue and all I had had to do was play a little trick on her mind and I had been finally free.

I had noticed her fear immediately, could see it in her eyes, almost smelling it on the air, and that only served to amuse me. Being feared had always been a delighting, intoxicating, rejuvenating, and that little girl gave me all of her fear, feeding me from her hand.

Poor little lamb, she had no idea what she had done...

-My, oh my, how much have you grown up since the last I saw you, now you're a fully grown-up woman. How nice.

My voice sounded through all the forest, rumbling amongst the trees and at the sound of it, the Pines girl's fear increased, fuelling my desire of revenge.

-What have I done?!- her voice sounded strangled, I could tell she had been crying, puffy red eyes, cheeks stained from tears and her voice was quivering.

If I had the feelings of a human, I'd pity her. If i had feelings.

-Oh little shooting star, you've freed me, thanks to you now I can continue my revenge right where I left it. I am really thankful, for without your help none of this could have happened, so thank you, shooting star.

Her face froze at my statement, and more tears appeared in her brown-doe eyes. She was trying to deny it, shaking her head from side to side, muttering a string of incoherencies.

I spoke again, this time more amused at her behavior, my tone giving off joy, cause it seemed like the funniest joke I have ever been told.

-What's wrong, sugar? I expected more enthusiasm for my return. I know you missed me, admit it, you missed me.

Tears slipped off her eyes as she finally seemed to realise this was truly happening, and there was no turning back now.

-No shooting star, don't cry, don't bail your eyes out before I can show you what terror really is. I want you to sit and watch how I destroy everything you love- I whipped some tears with my black fingers and held her face. I didn't fight the devilish grin growing in my eye.

She started to hiccup, full-on sobbing. She slipped out of my grip and, in a brave attempt, she started running towards the town.

She ran into a few gnomes and some other creatures on the run, they also froze when they saw who was behind that dumb girl.