|7| night | at | the | museum pt.1

박물관에서의

"Out? Isn't almost six in the morning?" Sunghoon looked towards the clock

"Out? Isn't almost six in the morning?" Sunghoon looked towards the clock. "Don't you work in the morning, you won't get any sleep then?"

"I work at the night museum downtown, I'm going in at eight in the evening, I'll get some sleep once we get back. So here," she threw him a jacket that is Heojun's that she took from him.

Seoyeon swung the door open and let Sunghoon walk out first so she could lock it. As they walked through the apartments halls, Sunghoon ran his fingers against the grooves of the walls and stair cases.

"It's crazy how much this place changed in the past years." He said in awe, looking at all the smallest details.

They made it down to the lobby, they greeted the overnight staff, and walked towards the doors. Seoyeon walked out, but turned around when she noticed Sunghoon still standing inside the apartment lobby.

"What's wrong?" She stood with the entrance door open.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous," he scratched the back of his neck chuckling.

Seoyeon just smiled up at him, offering her hand, "I know it must be...scary and overwhelming. But I'll be here, by your side."

Sunghoon looked down towards her hand, reaching to intertwine them together. He nodded, taking in a deep breath as he stepped out into the warm night for the first time in over five years. His eyes scanned over all the city lights that lit up the dark night.

"Where to first?" She squeezed his hand, smiling towards him.

"Take me to your favourite place."

Seoyeon nodded, leading him down the road. They grabbed a taxi downtown, getting out at the address that Seoyeon had given him. Crossing the street,  making their way towards the building.

"Where are we?" Sunghoon looked up towards the grand building that was lit up by spotlights and grand structures.

"The night museum, where I work. We don't open up until six pm, obviously because it's a night museum. On special occasions we open until late at night. It might be my job, but it screams comfort to me, especially its warmth and darkness it holds on to you." She walked until they hit the back entrance where Seoyeon took out her lanyard to scan open the doors.

"Are you even allowed to be here at this time, won't you get in trouble with your boss?"

"Don't worry about it, now come on. You'll love it." Her face lit up with excitement, dragging him into the place.

It was dark inside, only the spotlights shining on the displays lead the way through. Seoyeon lead him through the place as their hands were still intertwined.

"Which area do you wanna see the most?" She looked up towards him.

"What do you guys have?"

"Well, there's the space section, the consultation sanctuary, the art gallery," she listed off their different sections.