|21| how | it | will | end

어떻게 끝날 것인가

Sunghoon tried to call her but everytime it went straight to voicemail or cut him off

Sunghoon tried to call her but everytime it went straight to voicemail or cut him off. He knew she wouldn't answer, but deep down he hoped he would be wrong and he'd hear her honey like voice on the other end. But of course nothing but his shallow, stiff, and inconsistent breaths were heard.

This shouldn't be happening, not this soon. It was all coming too fast.

|something|of|the|past|

"I shouldn't have blown up on him, I shouldn't have said that stuff to him. I shouldn't have taken it out on him, not Sunghoon who has been the most amazing person. I-I was angry, and—and hurt because I know what our end will be. " Seoyeon stutters through her tears. "I know how our end is, and I hate that I do." She whispered.

"Wouldn't you rather know how it'll end. It gives you time to figure out, it'll give you time to prepare—"

"Nothing, nothing will prepare me for that day Jun, you know that. You know me! Nothing will prepare me for when I have to see him leave my side forever!" Her hand slapped down on the table.

"What if it doesn't come in your life time. Maybe it's gonna be you he'll have to say goodbye to?" He said. "Didn't you say he's been alive for like, decades upon decades?"

"You seen him fall onto the ground lifeless. With your two own eyes, falling down to the ground. That's not the way someone who has a life time ahead of them acts, and you know that." She pointed to him. "Stop giving me hope, you know it'll only do worse."

He sighed deeply, "you're right, I shouldn't. I'm sorry."

Seoyeon frowned, "n-no, don't apologize. I keep taking my anger out on the most important people in my life when I shouldn't. I'm sorry Jun."

"Don't, your situation isn't even imaginable. You know you can always come to me, even it's for venting, yelling, crying, whatever it is." He sat next to her and pulled her into a deep hug.

|something|of|the|past|

Sunghoon felt... awful to say the least, and the last person to blame for how he's feeling was Seoyeon, even if her words kept replaying in him head. He knew she didn't want to hurt him, she couldn't ever hurt him.

When his eyes laid upon her appearance this morning, his heart sank to his feet. Her swollen bloodshot eyes, cheeks that were red and irritated, but it was her eyes that got him. Eyes that usually held so much... love and... happiness, were so dull and sad. Her eyes weren't hers.

To know that he was the reason made him feel so much worse. The most important person to him was hurting and he was the main reason to it. She was the most important person.

His face was deep in his hands as he sat on the edge of his bed. He didn't know why, but all morning he felt this weird feeling in the pit of his stomach and heart. Not being able to pin point what it was, but he knew it wasn't a good feeling. Was it the pain of knowing Seoyeon was hurting?

She left a few hours ago. He was sure she had left the museum and was out with Heojun wherever they were off to. Within those few hours alone he tried to do whatever to get his mind off of things; but nothing he did was working.

He decided to go for a walk a couple hours ago, in the hopes that would help him in clearing his mind away for a bit. With that, he knew he didn't want anyone's attention or concern so he made sure he went out invisible so he could just... roam his thoughts.

His feet just took him where ever they lead him to, not caring where but just anywhere. And that's where it lead him too, standing in front of a Lotte world department. He wasn't sure why it was here, but nonetheless he went in.

Families, young couples, and high school students going around together. Although he went out to clear his mind, watching these people around their own loved ones brought him right back to Seoyeon. Everything reminded him of her. Why wouldn't they remind him of her, everything about her was just... perfect.

He sat on a bench that was in front of the carousel that was packed with people on the moving ride. Immersed in the ride, he didn't notice his temperature dropping as he watched.

His hand reached up to his forehead and felt that it was wet. Was he sweating? How could he be freezing but sweating at the same time, it wasn't even that cold inside.

He squeezed his eyes shut for a second when he felt a wave of dizziness. Once he opened them back up, he looked off to the side to see a kid staring at him as if he just saw... a ghost.

His eyes widen when he realized what was going on. A kid was staring— a kid was staring at him. His head slowly looked down at his hands that were currently in the stage of becoming visible. What was going on, what was happening to him?

His hand squeezed the bench as he stood up, his dizziness becoming more apparent.

"Young man," a older man placed his hand on his shoulder as his wife watched from behind, "are you okay. You're white as a ghost."

He stared wide eyed towards him, "w-what. Ghost? No, no I'm fine." He pulled back from him. "I'm fine."

His chest rose faster as his stood there. He knew he had to get out of there as fast as he could. Pulling back, he walked backwards before turning and rushing through the people to get out.

Something horrible was going on and he knew he had to get home now or something even worse would go down.

When he did finally get back to the apartment, he slammed the door shut and hulled his body into the room before it completely dropped onto the ground.

His hand clutched his chest as his heart began to pulsate and clench. The breaths he took in were staggered and deep, almost as if he didn't have enough air to breathe in.

He rolled over to grab his phone in his pockets, dialling Seoyeon's phone but it went straight to voicemail.

Everything was coming down too fast, and he didn't know why.

|something|of|the|past|