|12| sea | of | memories

추억의 바다

The pair got up as early as they could, wanting to spend as much time they could get during the day at the beach

The pair got up as early as they could, wanting to spend as much time they could get during the day at the beach. Seoyeon got up a few minutes before Sunghoon so she could prepare a basket of food and drinks they can have while there.

Seoyeon finished preparing their basket, cleaned the kitchen up from the mess, and was now getting ready to wake Sunghoon up. But before she could, a bubbly and energetic Sunghoon bounced out of the room already dressed.

"Someone's eager to leave already." She looked up with an amused expression.

"What do you mean?"

Seoyeon just shook her head with a laugh, "nothing. I'll go get ready and then we can leave."

Sunghoon nodded, plopping himself on the couch eagerly, his knee bouncing up and down. Seoyeon chuckled, but her heart felt warm at his giddiness and excitement.

With her floral lavender dress, she quickly threw makeup on and braided her hair into a bun. A spritz of perfume, she met back into the next room as fast as she could so he didn't have to wait any longer.

"You look really pretty." Sunghoon jumped up from the couch.

Seoyeon smiled, "thank you." She walked up and grabbed the basket as well her purse. "Are you ready to go now?"

"Yes! Here, I'll take whatever this is," he took the basket from her hands and went to put his shoes on.

Seoyeon followed behind and slipped her sandals on, and going their way out of the apartment. They decided to catch the bus to the beach instead of a taxi.

Once they got seated in the back left side of the bus, their trip to the beach was now starting. Seoyeon wasn't excited to go to the beach for herself, she was excited to be the one taking him to places he never got the chance to see in years. Seeing that bright smile, and his big eyes, that was enough for her to be excited for the day ahead of them.

"Look at the view, Seoyeon!" He tapped her shoulder pointing towards the beach. "Wow, it looks the exact same from when I was a child."

Seoyeon let her eyes follow his expressions instead of the view his eyes were fixated on, which was a lot more entertaining to view. It was a new feeling she felt. Although she has been to the beach multiple times in the last year, his excitement made it a whole new experience. One that made it feel like it was her first time ever seeing the ocean.

He let her see life in a new perspective. One that made life feel so much more special.

The bus made its stop by the beach, the two jumped off and set towards the shore. Sunghoon swiftly took his shoes off once they got to the sand. "The feeling of sand against the skin is so amazing. Take your sandals off so you can feel it too!"