Ch 1

I walked up the wet steps to my flat, digging in my small purse for my house key. "Having trouble?" My neighbor laughed from the flat across from me. "I got it." I chuckled. He stepped inside, closing the sliding glass door in the back of his home .

I finally managed to find my keys in the side pocket of my purse, and reached my fingers in to possess it.

I put the key into the lock and struggled to open the door, slamming my hand on the wood, yelling for my roommates name. I heard heavy footsteps coming closer, so I rested my elbows on the railing.

He swung open the door, greeting me with a dimpled smile. "How's work?"

"Good, I guess." I said, glancing back at him as I walked inside. "Shouldn't you be at the gym?" I asked him, he's usually gone by the time I get home.

"It's closed today." He laughed, then I realized it was Friday. "Sorry I forgot."

***

The sun beamed through the lines of my blinds, causing me to squint as I sat up in my bed. I slowly wormed out, putting on the hoodie laying on the floor.

I stepped out into the living room to see my roommate with a coffee cup, handle grasped in his large hand. "Morning, Harry." , "Hey." He replied, without eye contact. I took the remote into my grasp as I sat onto the couch, flicking on the tv. Harry slumped down next to me. "Hey did you hear what happened yesterday?" He said with a cocked eyebrow. "Uh no? What happened?" A smile arose to his pink lips, "I got hired!" He smiled, "Really? That's great! When do you start?" I asked. "Monday." He smirked .

I got up to go to the kitchen to fix myself some tea. "How long ago did you sign up to work at the gym, Haz?" I said from the kitchen . "A few months ago, actually." He laughed, walking down the hallway into his room.

I followed him down the hall shortly after to hear guitar strumming and low singing. "You're a really good singer, Harry." I said, gripping the top of the doorway. "Oh, um thanks?" He put his guitar back onto the stand and pushed through me. "I-I didn't want you to stop?" I mumbled. "It's fine." He said, putting a dry tea bag into a cup of steaming water.

"Remember a few summers ago, when we met?" He asked, looking down at his tea. "Yeah, Why?" I tilted my head.

"I thought you were the most beautiful person I'd ever seen." I saw his cheeks perk from under his dark brown curls.

"Ditto." I said, as he snapped his head back at me. "Why'd you look at me like that? Harry, you're gorgeous for gods sake?" I looked at him with wide eyes and a tilted head. "W-what?" He asked, almost dropping his cup as he walked past me and out of the kitchen. "You heard me." I laughed as I walked to the bathroom.

As I walked out of the bathroom I noticed Harry's bedroom door wide open. I smirked and made sure he couldn't see me , and I made my way in. I looked around at a few scattered picture frames. One had a small puppy on it, and a girl that resembled Harry.

"Who's this?" I asked, walking into the living room pointing at the picture.

He looked down and played with the tea bag. "It's fine you don't have to tell me." I grunted. "It's my sister, well. Was." He sighed. "What do you mean 'was' Harry?" I asked, sitting next to him as I set the frame down on the end table. "She uh, she died when I was fifteen." He choked, holding back tears. "It's ok, just uh, let it out Haz." I rubbed his back as tears trickled down his pale cheeks. He let out a muffled caugh. "It's okay." I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Why were you in my room?" He giggled, wiping away his tears with the back of his hand. "Wanna go get breakfast?" He asked, changing the subject. "Sure." I walked down the hall to get dressed.

***

We got into Harry's car and took off.

"Hey Harry?"

"Yeah?" He glanced at me.

"Do you really think I'm...beautiful?" I asked, playing with my fingers.

"Yeah." He giggled. "I do."